Weekend Finds

124»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    holmes said:
    sweet version, is the whole thing like that or a one tracker?

thats the strongest track, its a comp of four different bands...all covers: sam the sham, james brown, byron lee and others..."Ju Ju Hand" is pretty good as well.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Roy Burns & Dick Grove Big Band "Big, Bad & Beautiful"
    Yellowman, Eek-A-Mouse, Fathead, etc."Junjo Presents A Live Session With Aces International..."
    Ohio Players "Skin Tight"
    Reissue of Ike Turner's "A Black Man's Soul"

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

SO HARD to find that particular impressions in good shape, let alone in shrink!! congrats.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Random flea market crud from the last couple of weekends:

And some gear, also from fleas:

Roland EP30 electic piano. Had one of these already, but it was missing the case top.
    Has a mid-70s funky plastic sound to it, a la Fela Kuti or Eddie Harris "Get On Down".

A first generation Gameboy, because I want to play around with Nanoloop or Little Sound Dj.

A Braun super cardioid microphone that will come in handy for field recordings.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    These are the last digs for me of the summer before I head off to Asia for the school holidays. These were all acquired through store credit from the constant trimming that I seem to be doing of the collection.

Bo Diddley ??? Another Dimension ??? From the blues funk period on Cadet.
    Blow Fly ??? Disco ??? The funkiest Blowfly LP I???ve heard. X rated lyrics over well known funky backing tracks.
    Olatunji ??? Soul Makossa ??? Great version of the title track, rest is sort of afro spiritual jazz. Great listen!
    Johnny Scott ??? Film Blockbusters ??? New one to me, has a cover of a track from Shaft???s Big Score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nilton Castro ??? Rhythm & Soul ??? Italian library(esque) release. Mix of traditional Brazilian latin beats with fuzz guitar.
    Berry Library ??? Glen Sommers Band ??? No idea who these guys are? Couple of great tracks with the best being Soul City.
    Charles Williams ??? Trees and Grass and Things ??? Stella line up, couple of great funky jazz tracks.
    Oriental Wind ??? Chila Chila ??? This is approx the 4th LP by Okay Temiz I have found and all of them are fantastic if you are a fan of traditional Middle Eastern / Turkish folk tunes done in a jazz vein.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Strutt ??? Time Moves On ??? Never had this one before, cover is poor but the record is fine. Not had a chance to listen yet.
    Al Wilson ??? Searching for the Dolphins ??? Another I???ve not listened to yet but the track list looks spot on, The Snake, Brother Where are You and the title track.
    Pierre Lavin Pop Band ??? Another cheap library LP from a recent stock that has arrived at a local shop.
    Tedd Smith ??? New Vibrations (A quest in Folk Rock) ??? On Light records out of Waco Texas. I really like this. Great concept LP of sounds, speeches and music!

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL

Bosworth Library ??? Gary Pacific Group. Best track on here is Galaxy, great spacey downbeat funky track.
    Jas ??? Volcano ??? Managed to find a short clip on a Jap site of this before purchasing. Great funky fusion.
    Charles Kynard ??? Your Mama Don???t Dance ??? Again a great bunch of musicians collected for this release. Funky jazz all the way!
    Jazz Restitutio 5 ??? Romanian jazz festival featuring Marius Popp???s version of Airto???s Xybaba.
    IM ??? Eddie Warner ??? Various Instrumental Pop ??? 2 great funky tracks on here.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    .50 cent yard-sale finds; nothing too special or whatever but that "breezy" ost has one really great extended blaxploitation cut on it as does "our mother's house" ost

Not bad for 50 cents, though!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    old lady + dusty cellar = ORGASM

strictly RR speaking of course!!! :D

The 60s OG KInks recs are always beat to death, so it was nice for once to pull a clean copy of this:

plus a bunch of other stuff..

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    l

any chance i could get an mp3 of this? if its exactly like the billy guy version i dont need it, but if its a different recording i'd love to hear it