Nashville

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I'm heading to Nashville for a few days next month.

Anybody got the heads up on bars, record stores, music venues, things-to-do, in the downtown area?

Thanks in advance.

:woah:

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

You need to get at YoIGotBeats to get the lowdown on the record stores in Nashville. He took me to some great spots during my visit to Vanderbilt. I especially liked Grimey's New and Preloved Music. I came up on some heat from that spot.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Raj,

You need to get at YoIGotBeats to get the lowdown on the record stores in Nashville. He took me to some great spots during my visit to Vanderbilt. I especially liked Grimey's New and Preloved Music. I came up on some heat from that spot.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Agree with Big Stacks, talk to G*****s. Also agree with Big Stacks, Grimeys is great. They respect the dollar bin, and I have come up great in there in the past.

Was there last Xmas, and stopped by during a holiday party. They had dude dressed as Santa, hammered, yelling at everyone, and another dude dressed as Helper, groping every girl in the shop (mine included). Awesome people, always worth a stop.

Yazoos or Blackstone for some microbrews.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    at Lawrence Bros, i spent a little over an hour in there looking at 45s and pulled 25 records. found local small label LA and Bay Area pieces too which was surprising. guy was real nice and only charged me half price on them all. grabbed a few LPs as well and walked out of there with only a $50 price tag.

plus they had great fried oysters and mushrooms a few doors down at the restaurant.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Cool. Thanks for the suggestions!