Pawn Stars Fail

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
They just paid some dude $200 for the fake contract that came inside one of The Who albums haha

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hopefully fat bald middle aged guy bought it, that guy's an ahole.
    EPIC ZING!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Also, hopefully they didn't pull one over on the mildly retarded young dude.

It's an interesting show. Amazing how quickly people come off the price they hoped they'd get. Imagine a lot of the stuff would only have value by selling to a collector, not a pawn shop. I relish when they just walk away.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i am more of an american pickers fan.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    gloom said:

yerp

I like Pawn Stars here and there, but main dude makes the lamest unfunny comments which proceeds to crack up at. Shit gets on my nerves.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    gloom said:

I was a fan but after a while you only see the tall dude bust a nut over an old bike so many times before it gets old. And if I see fat boy get pumped over an oil can again I'll wind up shooting my TV.

This would have made a better doc instead of a TV show. IMO

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I'd still rather see these "reality shows" than the LCD ones that try to get aging rockstars and hypemen laid.
    I kind of like Pawn Stars and Pickers. I am still trying to figure out what the difference between Pickers and Hoarders is. Perspective?
    Pawn Stars got me checking out pawn shops again. I bought a flip cam at one, I think the best part of it was haggling on price.
    Been watching Billy the Exterminator, it's like a cross between Dog the Bounty Hunder and Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill). It is shot back in my hometown (Shreveport and Shreveport metro area, don't laugh). One of the videographers is a guy who was a chief photog at a tv station I worked at.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    djJazzOne said:

I kind of like Pawn Stars and Pickers. I am still trying to figure out what the difference between Pickers and Hoarders is. Perspective?

Pickers buy with the intent to flip for double what they paid. Hoarders buy and keep it forever. I used to hoard records. Now I'm a picker.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    billbradley said:
    djJazzOne said:

Pickers buy with the intent to flip for double what they paid. Hoarders buy and keep it forever. I used to hoard records. Now I'm a picker.

Not to mention that Hoarders have a serious psychological condition that often times (at least when documented on the show) is considered a detriment to them, their family, and often times their physical health.

Pickers make a living off of searching through peoples stuff and flipping the valuable stuff they find for a profit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Half of SoulStrut = hoarders who think they're pickers

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Half of SoulStrut = hoarders who think they're pickers