Ninja Please???????? (NRR)

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I want to make it clear that I am not trying to start shit, I just didn't know anything about this until I read the grem thread and I didn't want to take it over.So Urban Outfitter sells a "Ninja Please" shirt? And stupid kids have been substituting "ninja" for "nigga" as in "nigga please"?I just thougt it was a Soulstrut thing from "music please" off the first EPMD. Man am I out of the loop. And in this case it looks like it's good. But I want to know about this before I offend someone not knowing what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    don't you know some of us will be offended anyways. So go 'head and do what you feel.

yeah I said it

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Speaking for ninjas everywhere......

Oh, shit! A new graemlin!

::sonned:: ::sonned:: ::sonned:: ::sonned:: ::sonned:: ::sonned::

... or not????

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i saw a shirt yesterday at the park that had "strictly for my ninjas" on it...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I thought that "Ninja Please" was a hip & weird way for Asian people to address each other. I didn't know it was a synonynm for the N-word. It prolly shouldn't be used in either case.

h

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I seriously hope this is not the case... on a similar note I dated a girl that used the word Wizards as a substitute for N***a, so you know no one would know what she was talking about... She didn't understand that its not the letters its what it means... Promptly dumped her ass when she couldn't see the error in her logic.

The sad part was she actually dug records and had pretty nice musical taste. ugh.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think it just shows that once again Urban outfitters is on point with their market research.

Sorta pissed your not making money off it arent you?

for real though, anyone that actually says that shit in real life is fucking retarded.

-

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    for about a couple years in college (about 5 years ago), i used to wear hip urban-style clothes like L-R-G, GAT, what not. don't get me wrong, my friend's store in West LA was one of the first to carry the brand, and he hooked us up, and L-R-G made some quality shit. so i wasn't mad. then i became broke, didn't buy clothes for a long time, stepped back and looked at all these hipster clothes (not necessarily the brands i mentioned) and was like "fuck all this b.s." this shit ain't keepin it real!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    on a similar note I dated a girl that used the word Wizards as a substitute for N***a,

see, now THAT'S funny...

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Speaking of "Ninja", can anyone else remember Soulman talking about how he was riding his bycicle with a ninja suite on and stuff some time ago? Who else wants to see a picture of that?

If you read this, please .... post that picture

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I thought that "Ninja Please" was a hip & weird way for Asian people to address each other.

now that would be dope.

I use "ninja" whenever I'm talkin about someone else's rhymes, ie "jigga my nigga" becomes "jigga my ninja"...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I thought that "Ninja Please" was a hip & weird way for Asian people to address each other.

now that would be dope.

I use "ninja" whenever I'm talkin about someone else's rhymes, ie "jigga my nigga" becomes "jigga my ninja"...

ergo ninja = nigga. That's what Volumen's original question was anyways.

• Man people been saying this shit for hellza years and shitz. Like "I'm saying" (not just "saying") shit goes back to fucking grade school

Soulstrut dudes getting hellza offended over stupid shit they didn't know about five years ago because before soulstrut they wuz a dork with no friendz. I AM SAYING THOUGH.

Man people been saying this shit for hellza years and shitz. Like "I'm saying" (not just "saying") shit goes back to fucking grade school

Soulstrut dudes getting hellza offended over stupid shit they didn't know about five years ago because before soulstrut they wuz a dork with no friendz. I AM SAYING THOUGH.

I know he's probably not but JP is sounding mad drunk right here.

• Man people been saying this shit for hellza years and shitz. Like "I'm saying" (not just "saying") shit goes back to fucking grade school

I am dumbing myself down for the board.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

HOLLA!!!!!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Man people been saying this shit for hellza years and shitz. Like "I'm saying" (not just "saying") shit goes back to fucking grade school

*applause*

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    e-40 and other dudes will just straight up say 'ninja' on their records... so is that considered offensive too???

e-40 and other dudes will just straight up say 'ninja' on their records... so is that considered offensive too???

Jesus, are you serious?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i'm offended that any self respecting strutter we be in Urban Outfitters. The whole idea of that store offends me. That they might sell mesh caps that read "Down Home Lynching" is neither here n.o.r. there.

Jesus, are you serious?

Jesus is here?!?!?!

i'm offended that any self respecting strutter we be in Urban Outfitters.

I'm offended by your grammar

Jesus, are you serious?

Jesus is here?!?!?!

Is that an anti-Christian comment?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i'm offended that any self respecting strutter we be in Urban Outfitters.

I'm offended by your grammar

anti-illiterite

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I am dumbing myself down for the board.

that was fresh.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Jesus, are you serious?

seriously yanking your chain!

Jesus, are you serious?

if E-40 can say "peckerwood" I can say "ninja"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

Boy, that's one biiiiiig afro!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    My friend has been consistently substituting "vegan" for the n-word for like the last ten years. And, believe me, it comes up a lot because he is very prone to rapping in public.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Urban Outfitters is fucking wack!!! They really come off as this liberal/hipster store catering to the youth. Have seen shirts there with "Good Bush/Bad Bush" but the reality of it is they support Republican causes.

http://www.buyblue.org/detail.php?corpId=129

Urban Outfitters currently has a 6% BuyBlue rating due to political contributions for the 2003-2004 election cycle. Urban Outfitters executives made some small but almost exclusively Republican contributions during the last election cycle. Urban Outfitters does not have a political action committee.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Urban Outfitters is fucking wack!!! They really come off as this liberal/hipster store catering to the youth. Have seen shirts there with "Good Bush/Bad Bush" but the reality of it is they support Republican causes.

http://www.buyblue.org/detail.php?corpId=129

Urban Outfitters currently has a 6% BuyBlue rating due to political contributions for the 2003-2004 election cycle. Urban Outfitters executives made some small but almost exclusively Republican contributions during the last election cycle. Urban Outfitters does not have a political action committee.

Wait you mean to tell me Urban Outfitters is just selling that "Good Bush/Bad Bush" shirt to make money and not to actually incite some sort of social change or revolution? Dude, come on, now. That's quite a wild conspiracy theory. Stop reading "Behold the Pale Horse."

-e