anyone ever buy VG- from Moerer?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Seems to be the only person on the interweb with a record I want, however its VG-...never have bought a VG- from him, only minters...conservative grade? will I be pleasantly surprised? Will it be skated?

let a dude know if you know

Comments

• Options
    I bet it will be fine. He don't put up garbage he has others that play do that.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's hard to say, as his VG can be quite good or it can be somewhat beat.

One thing is for sure, if you are unhappy he will refund without hassle, so there's no risk in finding out.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have bought VG off him & have been happy enough, not sure if I would go lower than that though. VG+ is my usual limit with him (his VG+ is usually just dusty NM), VG if it's really cheap or something I really want.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Seems to be the only person on the interweb with a record I want, however its VG-...never have bought a VG- from him, only minters...conservative grade? will I be pleasantly surprised? Will it be skated?

If you tell me what it is, I'll buy it, then post it on ebay graded as vg+. That'll make you feel better, right? :-)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

If you tell me what it is, I'll buy it, then post it on ebay graded as vg+. That'll make you feel better, right? :-)

yeah, because then I can do a chargeback and send you back a cracked and skated Andy Kim 45 with delivery confirmation and keep the one you sent me. Everything does work out!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my only experience with his minus sign is with M- records, i'd say they could have went NM+ to M depending on the seller.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I wasn't gong to state the obvous, but snce t hasn't been stated, call or email. They will be happy to give you a ore detaled dscrpton as te allows.

y keyboard s droppng the letters after h and L agan.

• i bought a vg- record from him -- turned out ex -- just had a slight storage warp and a few scuffs. i was more than satisfied...

• The_Hook_Up said:

I bought a copy of Slim Willis Band - I Sayed That off him and it was graded VG- , when it arrived it looked VG and played fine.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    analog_tape said:

Slim Willis Band - I Sayed That
    cool 45