Aguabella - Hitting Hard - Reissue/OG help/advice

proteusproteus 77 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I'd be really grateful for a bit of advice on the original and reissue Aguabella - Hitting Hard LP.

I've just picked up a copy from Italy, it's mint and in shrink and I thought a bargain. I thought that there were two original versions, one with a colour Epsilon logo on the front and another with the logo in black on the back and only one reissue by CuBop, with Cubop logos etc. I've just seen there's a recent reissue that's just like the Epsilon issue with the black logo.

Anyone have this non-Cubop reissue they can describe? My copy has two ridges on the label and on a side run-out has 'FOR STEVEN', 'WESTREX', 'E8001-A', 'A', 'L-45250'?

The copy I have seems slightly aged and doesn't look or even smell that recent but it is pretty perfect, almost too prefect to be a '77 og. I wouldn't question it if it wasn't for learnng of the other replica reissue.

I've either got a bargain or been paid way over for a reissue/boot.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Frank

Comments

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    It shouldn't be too hard to tell. The most basic give away is the jacket weight. It should be on a heavy card stock paste on style sleeve. All the re-issues/boots are on the thin jackets, no paste. This record is from my area and very rarely shows up. I've had it 6 times in 16 years.

• proteusproteus 77 Posts
    coolchris said:
    It shouldn't be too hard to tell. The most basic give away is the jacket weight. It should be on a heavy card stock paste on style sleeve. All the re-issues/boots are on the thin jackets, no paste. This record is from my area and very rarely shows up. I've had it 6 times in 16 years.

Thanks. I've had advice on verygoodplus too, it is a thin jacket and I'm pretty sure it's not og, despite looking aged and a bit yellow. The seller is disputing that it's a reissue, so I now have to workout how to provide letterheaded documentation from a third party proving it's not original.