Rick Ross "Maybach Music 3" ft TI, Jadakiss and Erykah Badu.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Damn, this beat is so ridiculously beautiful and lush! It's like the music you would hear if a bald eagle with golden wings scooped you up off your death bed and flew you over the 7 wonders of the world then returned you to your childhood to revisit the greatest moments of your life. Or something.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nnyzytmzzzn

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dope!
    seriously lush

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Was just about to post this. Ross is about to do it...AGAIN.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    not buying it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was gonna mention Super High too, the video version. The remix kinda sucks, but the video (presumably album) version is pretty fucking good and has the obligatory Stacey Dash appearance.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Maybach Music 2 > Maybach Music 3 > Maybach Music 1

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Solo album with one solo song. Wow.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ross the best in the game.

And the best song of the summer, while not a Ross song, might as well be his: Ne-Yo "Champagne Life" feat. BAWSSSSS

• BMF is the song of the summer

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Love Super High. Not sure about this new Maybach Music yet though. JUSTICE league do their bit but Jadakiss and TI make no impact and Eykah's bit sounds nice but off a different record. Love it from 3 minutes on though which suggests I'd like it more if it was just Ross. Will give it a few more listens.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    tonydanzatechniq said:
    BMF is the song of the summer

This is all I hear around the way right now.

Preferred the first two MMs but I do dig the production steez here.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I really like this, but could do without Ross rapping on it.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Cosmo said:

I tried hard to comprehend the appeal of RR. Unfortunatly I can't undertstand in now way what makes his music special.
    Mediocre production, annoying voice, boring topics, run-of-the-mill flow and the totally exagerated exposition of materialism.

Somehow i guess the cultural barrier for us euroman is to big connect with this kind of music in order to aprreciate it.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Cosmo said:

i have to agree.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    finelikewine said:

Mediocre production

NEEDZ MOR BRAEKS YO

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

I really don't see what there is to be mad at there.

Do you really want to hear 50 minutes of undiluted Rick Ross? Are you anticipating a profound and nuanced message which may not be fully transmitted to the listener with all this time given over to guest appearances?

With this guy, it's all about finding the right collaborators and conjuring a vibe; it's not like he actually has anything to say or particularly interesting ways of saying it.

None of this should be mistaken for hate, though--I think he's one of the few contemporary rappers who actually knows how to make an album and appreciates his own limitations.

finelikewine said:
    exagerated exposition of materialism.

I know!

I wish he was just, like, celebrating the four elements for the love!

faux_rillz said:
    DJ_Enki said:

I really don't see what there is to be mad at there.

Do you really want to hear 50 minutes of undiluted Rick Ross? Are you anticipating a profound and nuanced message which may not be fully transmitted to the listener with all this time given over to guest appearances?

With this guy, it's all about finding the right collaborators and conjuring a vibe; it's not like he actually has anything to say or particularly interesting ways of saying it.

None of this should be mistaken for hate, though--I think he's one of the few contemporary rappers who actually knows how to make an album and appreciates his own limitations.

I'm not mad at it at all, and I definitely don't want to hear 50 minutes of undiluted Rick Ross. Hell, I don't even want to hear 5 minutes of his wack ass. I just think it's funny. "Yeah, I'm comin' with my album--and I can't hold down more than one joint on my own!" Call the shit "Rick Ross Duets" or something.

DJ_Enki said:
    Call the shit "Rick Ross Duets" or something.

"Cop Rock"

faux_rillz said:
    DJ_Enki said:

"Cop Rock"

I can't really jam "BMF" with a straight face. But the skreet dudes seem pretty willing to give Officer Ricky all the leeway to make this kind of track. I can't call it.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    faux_rillz said:
    DJ_Enki said:

"Cop Rock"

I can't really jam "BMF" with a straight face. But the skreet dudes seem pretty willing to give Officer Ricky all the leeway to make this kind of track. I can't call it.

I stay on that Cop Rock--Steven Bochco
    My team got them fiends coppin' rock--Rick Ross the honcho

faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    faux_rillz said:
    DJ_Enki said:

"Cop Rock"

I stay on that Cop Rock--Steven Bochco
    My team got them fiends coppin' rock--Rick Ross the honcho

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I still haven't checked out any of his albums.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    "Deeper Than Rap" was the album of the year last year, this new one looks like it might come close for this year, we'll have to wait and see what Kanyes working on. Btw, the new track with Kanye and Ross is hot..........until the chorus comes in, ughhh.

peace,xavier

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Cosmo said:

I tried hard to comprehend the appeal of RR. Unfortunatly I can't undertstand in now way what makes his music special.
    Mediocre production, annoying voice, boring topics, run-of-the-mill flow and the totally exagerated exposition of materialism.

Somehow i guess the cultural barrier for us euroman is to big connect with this kind of music in order to aprreciate it.

i understand. i've been trying to figure it out his appeal my-damn-self. however, dude's music has grown on me with his last effort and i, at least, appreciate him now. but to faux's point, i don't want to hear 50 minutes of straight ross either - which only goes to prove that ross is mediocre. talented? meh. an MC being able to do his dirt by his lonely is a rarity these days, but anyone can make a decent song or two. maybe i just mean that an MC is a rarity these days...

herm, i do like this joint though. the use of the word "lush," to describe it is perfect.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thread hijack 2.0...

stop the party remix (buster, TI, killer, ghostface, DMX?)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ymzyjzz13nn

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    finelikewine said:
    Cosmo said:

i understand. i've been trying to figure it out his appeal my-damn-self. however, dude's music has grown on me with his last effort and i, at least, appreciate him now. but to faux's point, i don't want to hear 50 minutes of straight ross either - which only goes to prove that ross is mediocre. talented? meh. an MC being able to do his dirt by his lonely is a rarity these days, but anyone can make a decent song or two. maybe i just mean that an MC is a rarity these days...

herm, i do like this joint though. the use of the word "lush," to describe it is perfect.

post-rap.

gloom said:
    thread hijack 2.0...

stop the party remix (buster, TI, killer, ghostface, DMX?)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ymzyjzz13nn

Ghostdeini kills this!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    i've been trying to figure it out his appeal my-damn-self.

It's style over substance, you dig it or you dodge it.

Ross is just one of the best right now at painting lavish mental pictures with his 'plex 'phors.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I still haven't checked out any of his albums.[/quote
    ditto
    yet the songs in this thread are great
    i may have to open my mind