Almond Appreciation Thread.

13»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ahmun sucka

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Herm said:
    Sorry to partake in the derailing of the thread I started, Almond, but what the f*ck is marzipan?!?!?

Also, do you guys say it "AWL-mond" or "AL-mond?"

Marzipan is a paste made from almonds and sugar. It is used in desserts and sweets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marzipan
    I say AWL-mond, pronouncing every letter in the word.
    Thanks for the thread, Herm. Shucks, I didn't realize very many of you even knew who I was.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Almond said:
    Herm said:
    Sorry to partake in the derailing of the thread I started, Almond, but what the f*ck is marzipan?!?!?

Also, do you guys say it "AWL-mond" or "AL-mond?"

Marzipan is a paste made from almonds and sugar. It is used in desserts and sweets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marzipan
    I say AWL-mond, pronouncing every letter in the word.
    Thanks for the thread, Herm. Shucks, I didn't realize very many of you even knew who I was.

No problem, Almond! You deserve all the praise!

So back to marzipan...is that the stuff they use to make cakes look all smooth and perfect?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    RAER JOY

NEED

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    So back to marzipan...is that the stuff they use to make cakes look all smooth and perfect?

Yes, you can cover a cake in a layer of marzipan, but that's expensive since nuts are generally pricey.
    The smooth cakes you see on Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes are usually covered in fondant which is like play-doh made from sugar. It looks the same, but the flavor and texture are different. Fondant is easier to make, is cheaper, and is easier to shape and color.

Marzipan:

Fondant:

Almond said:

Yes, you can cover a cake in a layer of marzipan, but that's expensive since nuts are generally pricey.
    The smooth cakes you see on Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes are usually covered in fondant which is like play-doh made from sugar. It looks the same, but the flavor and texture are different. Fondant is easier to make, is cheaper, and is easier to shape and color.

Marzipan:

Fondant:

Knowledge dropped! Thanks, Almond!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This motherfucker trying to get some internet ass.

B/W

I really thought this was about almonds, which I love. Almonds and coconuts. But mostly almonds.

Edit- disclaimer. Sorry, no disrespect intended towards you, comrade Almond.

Cosmo said:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Almond, please tell Mr. Baker how many PM's you've received from me.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I have had a serious addiction to Raisin/Almond handfuls for many years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    Cosmo said:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Almond, please tell Mr. Baker how many PM's you've received from me.

U dont PM me no more. My PM isnt good enuff for u? My PM too sloppy?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Cosmo said:

i was gonna say: isn't this like phase one of her getting creeped out and not coming back?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    Cosmo said:

i was gonna say: isn't this like phase one of her getting creeped out and not coming back?

Game disguised as Harry Potter discourse and Almond Cake recipes?

batmon said:
    JimBeam said:
    Cosmo said:

Game disguised as Harry Potter discourse and Almond Cake recipes?

Sayin' though! I've started plenty appreciation threads, some way more gushing than this. Granted, they were for dudes but still....trippin' over appreciation for a female poster and regarding it as "hollering" says more about you then it does me!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I love plain almonds; I can eat them by the handful.

I hate the seasoned ones.

I hate marzipan.