I've Been Listening To Dillard Clark

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
And really digging this song. Very soulful.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Love it. Huge Gene Clark fan here. Been trying to find Roadmaster for years. Got all the other stuff. Still don't understand No Other. Also recently heard some Dillards stuff around Wheatstraw Suite that was great.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Fatback said:
    Huge Gene Clark fan here.

I have some unreleased material from Gene of which only an acetate exists...it's early solo stuff that I think is the best he ever did. My buddy who has it tried to get permission from gene's son to release it to no avail. Very sad as it should be heard.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Any chance of getting a track or 2 from that acetate for radio play? I would promise not to pass it around.

I ride for all Gene Clark, although Dillard & Clark is up there for me ... I think my favorite may be the 70's remix of the Gosdin Brothers LP ... although I love the OG, too, more of a folk rock album.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    And really digging this song. Very soulful.

:feelin_it:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I found a rare live Gene Clark song I heard a long time ago and made a video with it. Just wanted to share it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    centenario said:
    I found a rare live Gene Clark song I heard a long time ago and made a video with it. Just wanted to share it.

Thank you.

• centenario said:
    I found a rare live Gene Clark song I heard a long time ago and made a video with it. Just wanted to share it.

Sweet.

Big cosign on this whole thread. Wheatstraw Suite by the Dillards has been in heavy rotation for me lately. Seems like they're kinda overshadowed by the Burritos for country rock aficionados