The Rock Group "Rush"

2»

Comments

• Cosmo said:
    The only thing this thread has proven to me is

Rashida Jones > Rush

that holds true for a lot of things.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rush did not get much airplay in NY early on. The first time I ever heard them was when I hitchhiked down to Loft Mountain on Skyline Drive in Virginia in '75. Some long haired hillbillies from West Virginia were all about Rush and would play nothing else. After two days of drinking grain alcohol & Kool-Aid, smoking massive quantities of dope and snorting liquid amyl nitrate from an airline liquor bottle I had all the Rush I needed for a lifetime.

I do not ride.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Let's see

Or

:bizzo:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Rush did not get much airplay in NY early on. The first time I ever heard them was when I hitchhiked down to Loft Mountain on Skyline Drive in Virginia in '75. Some long haired hillbillies from West Virginia were all about Rush and would play nothing else. After two days of drinking grain alcohol & Kool-Aid, smoking massive quantities of dope and snorting liquid amyl nitrate from an airline liquor bottle I had all the Rush I needed for a lifetime.

I do not ride.

If you didnt have your "come to Rush" moment under those circumstances...you will never have a "come to Rush" moment. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing......

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    People saying they don't like Rush is a serious red flag to me, like someone saying they don't like seafood...or soccer.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Man, I remember the first time I saw Rashida Jones. Man I was like "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?" Turns out my man was dating her, so it was strictly non-cipher. But you know, shit keeps on popping. But yeah, word. My wife knows that like 'Shida is my "celebrity jumpoff" if things like that actually existed. But say word, Rashida, you're the best. If I wasn't married, I would wife you up big time.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    People saying they don't like Rush is a serious red flag to me, like someone saying they don't like seafood...or soccer.

Does this mean we can't date???

I love seafood.

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Does this mean we can't date???

I love seafood.

It means you could never be my dungeon master.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn, people. What does any of this shit have to do with Rashida Jones? Man, people CANNOT stay focused, can they...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Damn, people. What does any of this shit have to do with Rashida Jones? Man, people CANNOT stay focused, can they...

I'm sayin'! Rashida Jones = THAT RILL SCHITT! I want to have her baby.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I like to think I ride in spirit with Rush mostly due to time constraints. Could never hate.

I am now going to post this Jon Lucien song in the Rush thread. I wonder if Quincy, you know, rides.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    RAJ said:

i dont know much about her and she is real cute and all...but not to stereotype, she dont look like a rashida jones

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Rashida Jones and her equally-fine-as-fuck Ma Dukes.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    RAJ said:

I dig Rashida Jones, but I have always hated, no......loathed Rush.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    RAJ said:

i dont know much about her and she is real cute and all...but not to stereotype, she dont look like a rashida jones

Quincy Jones's daughter g.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I could never handle Rush at all. There may be something to like in their soulless metronomic "math metal" but when the singing starts I just need it all to go away.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    RAJ said:

I actually have nothing to say here.

But...I needed an excuse to post that Rashida Jones tank-top pic one mo' again, so...

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Birdman9 said:
    tripledouble said:
    RAJ said:

I actually have nothing to say here.

But...I needed an excuse to post that Rashida Jones tank-top pic one mo' again, so...

New board's dancing claire danes

b/w

I feel the hatt to rush

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    RAJ said:
    tripledouble said:

tomsawyer is kinda grew on me a little tho

I can remember hearing that intro as a kid. Sounded like a SPACE INVASION.

According to Bill Brewster Q-Bert did a great job rocking doubles of this at the US DMC mixing championships in '94.
    I like a bit of full on Rush guitar work; especially their slow building intro's and stuttering outro's but then Geddy's vocal shades always crash in and spoil the party.

• funny, cuz I'm not the biggest Rush fan but i do respect them & their music; they kinda remind me of Yes in their complexity both musically & lyrically. but from a beathead's perspective my favorite song is Tom Sawyer. saw the vh1 doc recently & it was actually very good. i kinda knew they've had a large cult following but it's seemed to have grown over the years. not one of those bands whose name constantly pops up in a conversation (btw i DIG frank zappa, got almost all his lp's) but very well respected. good band.

• oh, & btw I've never seen rashida jones (you should see kidada jones) or know if that's quincy jone's daughter, but damn, i can't front AT ALL she is hott. i saw her pic & had to comment...