Uncreative / Unoriginal DJ Names

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When I started I just used DJ Cosmo cause Cosmo is my name. But there are like a million people who use that. Like I personally have met "DJ Cosmo" characters. It's terrible. So I just dropped the "DJ" and added my last name "Baker" and we're in business.

I've also met a shitload of DJ Tanners too.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    yeh, the main cosmo that springs to mind is colleen "dj cosmo" murphy, of David Mancuso's The Loft, bitches brew, The Loft Audiophile library etc. Whats in a name anyway, a rose by any other name etc

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    bassie said:
    I just use my name. I feel silly with a handle, probably because I am not really a nickname kind of person. That's pretty boring.

same here. i don't know of other girls named tahnee that dj and spelled that way so i just rode with what my mom gave me.

when people try to hard it ends up being some real corny name. i just like to keep it simple.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    yeh, the main cosmo that springs to mind is colleen "dj cosmo" murphy, of David Mancuso's The Loft, bitches brew, The Loft Audiophile library etc. Whats in a name anyway, a rose by any other name etc

Yeah I had a beef with her like back in 1995 she was like "I'm Cosmo" I'm bitch please and I pulled out my drivers license with my name on it. Like yo son that's a dudes's name anyway haha. Fuck it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i use my name as well
    but it's a long ass name so my initials ASMA = dj asma

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    DJ Super Greg was terrible

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    In Austin, there used to be a little shopping center--and I hesitate to even call it anything so grand as a skrip mawl--with four shops: Turntable DJ Records, Loretta's Fabulous Cheesecakes, and two other less memorable businesses (I'll guess "tae kwon do school" and "nail salon"). The center had a shared gravel parking lot in which sat a port-a-sign that was jammed full on all four lines with the business names. For years, the third line read:

DJ FABULOUS CHEESECAKES

Definitely not uncreative or unoriginal.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    DJ Super Greg was terrible

Fail

That's like saying Borat is a terrible name for a reporter.

• faux_rillz said:

Seriously. I call for BAN.

You really feel like you've arrived at SS when Faux calls for your ban.

:cool:

But seriously, like I previously mentioned, I've heard of MR. DJ, He's definitely got some talent and who the hell could hatt on this jam:

(Great video too.) You might be if you don't feel that...

But the point is, I didn't realize how completely shitty the name was until recently. I just glossed over it or whatever. This has nothing to do with knowing him or not.

Herm said:

There's a dude out here that goes by DJ Unknown. Just recently he was promoting his Hip Hop Karaoke night and after a few weeks of seeing his name on Facebook flyers and real world flyers my friend said "Damn, they STILL haven't found a DJ for that show?!"

I laughed, explained, then told her I was changing my name to DJ TBA.

This is hilarious. Doesn't this seem like a perfect example of how your name choice could potentially halt your "career"? How would this guy get any name recognition in the first place?