possible job offer... know any good salary research resources?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
hey folks, I maaayyy be getting a job offer today and would like to negotiate a higher salary than I think they may offer.
The position is for Social Media Expert w/Graphic Design Experience in a small town in rural VA. I have over 5 years of experience and a degree in design. Based on what they showed me in the interview, the graphic design is actually more essential than the title would lead you to believe.
I'd like to negotiate to telework at least 1 day a week if I'm not able to negotiate a better salary.

anyone know any good salary research sites/resources?? I bookmarked a few job listings (on CareerBuilder) in other (smaller town) markets that show higher salary ranges and will print them later today.

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Check out Salary.com and Glassdoor.com.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Nothing on mashable or smashing?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Those salary websites have been disconnected from reality since just after the dotcom era.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Mordecai,

I suggest you check out the Department of Labor's Occupational Network: O*Net Website .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks for the links/recommendations people
    cheers

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    where in rural virginia? some areas are deceptively expensive to live in.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    BigSpliff said:
    Those salary websites have been disconnected from reality since just after the dotcom era.

You sound unfamiliar with Glassdoor.