midwestern cities?

theseedtheseed 1 Post
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I was wondering are there any midwestern cities/states that have not been totaslly dug out for records i.e. Iowa, Nebraska.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    kentucky is dry, sorry

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Technically not midwest I think, but Laramie, Myoming has a surprising amount of heat. There are also some stocked thrifts in Omaha.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I used to cop heat when I lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I would hit up Music Memories (a little overpriced), Lotusland Records, Farwell Music, and Great Lakes Music and come up fairly regularly. I'm not sure how those shops are now since I moved away from there in 2007.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think a lot of dudes on here just don't want to tip their secret squirrel spots. I can tell you that Davenport, Iowa had some unmined spots when I was there two years ago.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Question: Mac Dre bobblehead, do they have heat out in the Midwest?

Answer: The game is thick.

Give the dude a hand though Harv! Council Bluffs, Iowa has a great summertime flea market. Lorrain and Toledo, Ohio had some great thrifts.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    thers a spot in Terra Haute, IN that had mounds of heat...I didnt grab it all cause i ran out of money

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey DB_Cooper,

Speaking of Ohio, I used to come up in a major way at Grumpy's Books in the old Schoolhouse Building in Akron, OH (the building has since been demolished). Also, I used to find heat occasionally at Spin-More Records in Kent, OH. I was in graduate school during this time, and I used to bring home piles of LPs to North Carolina to store in my old bedroom closet at my folk's crib. I couldn't store them in my little-ass apartment, the only kind of place that my meager graduate assistantship could afford me.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Farthest Midwest I ever go is Dallas. All my records grow from cow dung anyway.

Ohio definitely has heat. There was a spot in Parma that for some reason was always coming into some heavy stuff. That was a couple of years back, but it was turning stock regularly, so I bet it's still going strong.

DB_Cooper said:
    Ohio definitely has heat. There was a spot in Parma that for some reason was always coming into some heavy stuff. That was a couple of years back, but it was turning stock regularly, so I bet it's still going strong.

Tell 'em, DB!!! :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    gloom said:
    kentucky is dry, sorry

I'm taking a July roadtrip and intend on proving this wrong.

Check back August 2nd for my road trip finds thread.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    gloom said:
    kentucky is dry, sorry

i was being facetious, forgot the sarcasm tags...

PM me when you are heading this way!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    gloom said:
    kentucky is dry, sorry

What towns and roads are you hitting?

Seriously hit me or/both gloom up if you make it to Louisville.
    I've got a place we need to hit.

• Yep_RotYep_Rot 6 Posts
    If you plan on coming through KC, I can point you in a few directions.