Boondocks final season.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Anybody watch tonight's episode? Dated, but I'm sure it's just because Aaron MacGruder had to touch on the election before he could move on. Hard to keep things current when it takes so long to produce an animated show. I'm sure this show has its' fair share of 'Strut haters (I can understand why) and I'm sure they'll chime in here, but I for one am looking forward to this last season. P.S. Werner Herzog was a nice surprise.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I'm sure this show has its' fair share of 'Strut haters

To be fair, I was not a big fan of the strip because dude's haterism was a little too heavy-handed. (He focused waaaay too much on 'the state of Hip Hop.' Ugh.) The show grew on me because his hatred is a bit more balanced and spread across much more than just the music.

• I was not-that-big a fan of the strip, but I did enjoy reading it. When I heard that they were making a cartoon out of the strip, I thought the worst. But the episodes were actually well done and entertaining, although there are those who might say that the comic strip held a stronger message than the television show. Tonight's episode was great, though. Werner made the episode to me.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I love this show. A couple months ago I bought the box sets of Season 1 & 2 to catch up on all the episodes that I missed.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im glad dude had his run, but i was never a fan.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Larry Gilliard Jr. aka D'Angelo Barksdale was a guest voice on tonight's episode. I'm really hoping for a heavy Wire-referencing ep before the show ends.

This season has been my least favorite thus far, BUT it features one my favorite episodes of the entire series, which was The Fundraiser ep from a few weeks ago. Anybody see that?? Sh*t had hilarious clinton!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    loved the strip and hated the cartoon. i thought the way macgruder put so much into three or four frames in the paper really could touch on the current subjects he was on about at that time. the cartoon has terrible voice-overs and i think he lowered himself with his writing due to the amount of storylines he had to put through in a 30min show.

i even have a framed strip on my wall at the house. still a fan...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That fundraiser one and the tyler perry one were good, this season overall has been awful.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Never liked it. Too harsh for my taste. Awful writing. It ranks up there with the other awful one, Family Guy.

• Breez said:
    Never liked it. Too harsh for my taste. Awful writing. It ranks up there with the other awful one, Family Guy.

I'd prefer The Boondocks over Family Guy anyday, but the writing is definitely not as great as it was in the comic strip.