Crocodile Tears - who are you trying to kid?

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central

from 4:30 onwards

Chris Brown - C'MON SON!

peep John Legend at 6:26 - ...nah son...

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I know it's cool to be skeptical, but homeboy was gurgling into the mic, bro. I'm pretty sure that's not how he practiced it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Amen, I heard about this and it sounded pretty manufactured but having now seen it I'm more inclined to believe the woman beater was sincere. That footage isn't something you're going to want to be played around the globe really, proper kiddie sobs.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    What - he worked himself up and had a hissy fit?

Worst performance ever - even at MJ's funeral the performing artists had more grace and grit

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Y'all dudes bought that? It seemed completely calculated to me.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I didn't see it yet but do the two things -- being a wife-beater and a cry baby -- have to be mutually exclusive? Seems to be that a lot of these dudes who beat on their ladies also tend to be criers, with the latter helping them beg to get their woman not to leave them.

you want back in? time for some drastic measures. get your knees dirty boy, and open up wide

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Y'all dudes bought that? It seemed completely calculated to me.

The choice to sing Man In The Mirror as a reflection of his own mistake(s), totally calculated.

but IMO:

Mr. Sniffles = faux emo

Snotty forearm = The Real McCoy

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    serious question: when did the line between "pretty good impersonator of a musical legend" and "inheritor of the artistic mantle of said musical legend" get so damn blurry? yes dude does a great MJ. and? we're supposed to herald the arrival fo a dude who can copy another dude?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Exactly my point with Foxx playing Ray Charles.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yeah I notice a similar phenomenon there too.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    serious question: when did the line between "pretty good impersonator of a musical legend" and "inheritor of the artistic mantle of said musical legend" get so damn blurry? yes dude does a great MJ. and? we're supposed to herald the arrival fo a dude who can copy another dude?

i think its a semi recent phenomenon.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wasnt Usher the "next MJ"?

Jermaine Stewart anyone?
    Ginuwine?
    Justin Timberlake?
    Soul 4 Real?
    Jason Weaver?
    Alphonso Ribera???????

How many NEXT Jordans/Jacksons has the industry + stupid public anointed?

Whatever.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dude was way too snotty and foaming at the mouth for that to be fake

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

I blame Weird Al.

bassie said:

is that the same?

Foxx had a good 15 years in the game before RAY.

He's been bubblin for a long minute.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

agreed. mj was inventive with his dancing, it's not like he was defying gravity though. there's only so much props that should be given for duplicating his dance moves.

i think it's obvious that chris brown was crying. who cares if it was real or fake; he looks like a bitch either way.

Time for a Comeback for Chris Brown?

After performing at the BET Awards, is Brown ready to resume his career?
    Jessica Sorentino

As Chris Brown took center stage at the BET Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night to pay homage to Michael Jackson, something (satans cock) choked him up as he performed ???Man in the Mirror.???

This was Brown???s first live performance in over a year, after he pleaded guilty to a felony assault on his ex-girlfriend, Rihanna. He was sentenced to six months of community labor and five years of probation, as reported by the New York Times.

Since the beginning of his career, Brown has made it known that Michael Jackson has always been a huge inspiration to him, so allowing him to perform at the awards as tribute was like a dream come true.

???Sunday???s BET Awards performance was an opportunity for Chris to pay tribute to one of the world???s greatest musicians of all time,??? Holly Baird, publicist at Sitrick Brincko Group LLC, the crisis-management group that worked with Brown after the incident with Rihanna, stated in an e-mail to MTV News.

During Brown???s performance, he continually choked up and at one point fell to his knees and even started crying.

???Chris??? breakdown was not just emotional, but sincere,??? Baird said. ???Chris broke down crying out of emotional exhaustion and in no way was this an attempt to redeem himself, rather it showed the world that Chris is human and he too has emotions.???

Brown was surprised at the Awards as he was announced winner of BET???s Fandemonium award, an award determined by fan votes.

In his acceptance speech, Brown addressed the audience saying, ???I let you down before, but I won???t do it again. I promise you.???

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The one staxwacks was caught tearing at a karaoke joint after being told that they didn't have any third rate DITC album cuts available for him to rapp.

Brian said:
    The one staxwacks was caught tearing at a karaoke joint after being told that they didn't have any third rate DITC album cuts available for him to rapp.

ha!

bw

CNN chiming in with the corporate take: hath the satanic jism cleansed him of his sins?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    staxwax said:
    ???Chris broke down crying out of emotional exhaustion and in no way was this an attempt to redeem himself, rather it showed the world that Chris is human and he too has emotions.???

oh ok.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Seems to be that a lot of these dudes who beat on their ladies also tend to be criers

Yes, this. Everything I've seen from this clown suggests that he is not a man fully in control of his emotional range. I'm quite happy to believe that he got overexcited about the whole thing and ended up snotting and whimpering in front of the audience. If it was acting it was an appalling choice to go full guttural sob rather than semi voice break anyway so, either way, he loses.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

agreed. mj was inventive with his dancing, it's not like he was defying gravity though.

Oh yea ?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I say to begin with he felt a genuine twinge of sadness, started to sob a bit, suddenly thought 'Hey.. I'm crying!' , decided to turn it up.

I reckon the motive was a 50/50 split of:

1. Partly to add to the whole performance (not my opinion.. but you know the whole x-factor cathartic overkill thing these days).
    2. He would've been well aware at the back of his mind it might be a useful antidote to the wife-beater stigma, so he went all out.

Yeah he looked like a sobtard, but desperate times call for desperate measures when you're in showbiz. This is his career we're talking about hurr!

Dude has the "moves" down pat, but he doesnt have the same poplock/robot strength of MJ.

Shit lacks that umf IMO. MJ ends his shit w/ hard, emphasized POPs.

Ive seen better street MJ impersonators.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    He needs to start abusing children to really be the next MJ.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

is that the same?

Foxx had a good 15 years in the game before RAY.

He's been bubblin for a long minute.

It's not the same thing that way, but it's the same thing to me as far impersonations/mimics go.