World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    France game is classic.

It's looking like au revoir for these cheating bastards.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Paul said:
    France game is classic.

it does now, 2 nil.

vuvuzela madness

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    France game is classic.

bof

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    these games are tense

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Uragay have scored. Can RSA go through?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Uragay have scored. Can RSA go through?

Going into the game Mexico had a +2 gd, RSA -3

It's now +1 & -1

so it's possible.

Paul said:
    France game is classic.

Henry is now on the pitch to lend a hand.

Uruguay & Mexico go through!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    So. Au revoir, les bleus. Still, I am LOLing heartily at all this 'Ireland should have been there, they'd have put on a better show' crap. The team who didn't take the sackful of chances they had at Stade de France? The team who weren't winning on the night, and who weren't even ahead on aggregate or goal difference? The team who still would have had to win a penalty shoot-out to qualify, even if Henry hadn't handled the ball?

A shitty French team with a no-class-having coach has deservedly gone out at the first stage, and if some people want to call that karma or poetic justice, fine. But all these people still banging on about Ireland being "robbed" only serve to remind me why I never mention the so-called Hand Of God.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I really like that Mexican squad. Too bad they face Messi next. Should be a good game.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    QUIT AVOIDING IT:

TOMORROW.

WILL YE BRITTZ CONTINUE TO COME WITH THE FAKE HUMBLE "WELL I'M NOT SO SURE WE DESERVE TO ADVANCE" HORSESHIT OR WILL YOU COME OUT AND SAY IT???

USA USA USA!!!!

SIMULCAST PRIMALSMASH 7AM PST.

WILLIAM AND HARRY AND BECKHAM TOO, I HEARD THEY'LL BE WATCHING USA. ALL THREE ARE GOING TO DEFECT AT HALFTIME.

USA USA USA!!!

ALGERIA SOUNDS A LOT LIKE AL JEZEERA AND THAT'S OSAMA'S TERRORIST NEWS STATION. THINK ON IT.

USA USA USA!!!!

OSAMA IS ONE LETTER AWAY FROM KENYAN BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THOUGH, AND A FIRST DAUGHTER IS NAMED MALIA(H?), AND THAT DIRTY REF WAS MALIAN. SO YOU KNOW IT SAUL RELATED BRO

BUT SRSLY YOU GONNA START CROUCHBOT IN GOAL? BABY WOONEY WOONEY'S NANNY GONNA PUT A NEW DIAPER ON HIS FANNY? FANNY AS IN YOUR GUYS FANNY NOT OURS? LIKE COOCHIE? HEABITCH.

OMG REMEMBER WHEN THAT MORAN YOU HAD IN GOALIE LET THAT SHIT DRIBBLE BY? OMG.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i kind of like South Korea, but i'm hoping nigeria wins by 2 to move on.

yeah, i'm assuming argentina wins this one...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DAMN>>>

What was dude thinking taking out the guy in the box like that??? Awful...

GO KOREA!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Seeing the unmitigated joy on the faces of the South Korean players was special.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    phongone said:
    Seeing the unmitigated joy on the faces of the South Korean players was special.

^^^drinking the kimchi-flavored gatorade.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    So lame...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    DOR said:
    So lame...

can this dude really ever be considered for a coaching job again?

...any claims of France not having proper leadership seem pretty well confirmed right there...what a chump.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    DOR said:
    So lame...

...any claims of France not having proper leadership seem pretty well confirmed right there...what a chump.

I've always wondered how this man ever got the job of national coach of a country that reached the World Cup final. Was there some kind of lottery involved?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    they should have fired him after not qulifying for euro
    like germany did
    SKorean did score off a set piece
    i am so pissed nigeria missed so many opportunities
    go ghana!

DOR said:
    So lame...

absolutely disgusting. i want to spit in his face.

he's probably the french dude always causing shit in Modern Soul auctions on ebay...

also, i can't remember if i first heard about it here or elsewhere, but i just watched this on ESPN tonight and thought it was really, really nicely done:

http://30for30.espn.com/film/the-two-escobars.html

about narco-soccer in Colombia and the murder of Andres Escobar after his own goal in the '94 WC

• willie_fugal said:
    also, i can't remember if i first heard about it here or elsewhere, but i just watched this on ESPN tonight and thought it was really, really nicely done:

about narco-soccer in Colombia and the murder of Andres Escobar after his own goal in the '94 WC

I absolutely enjoyed that documentary tonight. Watching clips of the Columbian soccer team perform on their road to the World Cup that year was just amazing. Especially the play with the goalie doing a save with his feet while leaping forward. Definitely inspiring while tragic.

incompletejigsaw said:
    willie_fugal said:

I absolutely enjoyed that documentary tonight. Watching clips of the Columbian soccer team perform on their road to the World Cup that year was just amazing. Especially the play with the goalie doing a save with his feet while leaping forward. Definitely inspiring while tragic.

and some of the goals during their phenomenal qualifying run were :face_melt:

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    DigginDave said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    DOR said:
    So lame...

I've always wondered how this man ever got the job of national coach of a country that reached the World Cup final. Was there some kind of lottery involved?

He actually was the coach the last time they reached the World Cup final. Though this was probably more despite him coaching and more thanks to Zidane and back then still relevant Rib??ry.

I expected Argentina to be a shambles at this tournament. There seemed to be constant questions about Maradona's behaviour and his abilities as a coach, not to mention his bizarre decision to leave Javier Zanetti and Esteban Cambiasso at home, yet there probably hasn't been another team at this World Cup that's so obviously enjoying their football. The squad's affection for Maradona is apparent as well. The Greek side they played off the park last night - six defenders and two defensive midfielders - were no real test, and I still don't think Brazil and Spain have really got started yet, but if Argentina continue to play football like that, I can certainly see them in the final, perhaps even winning it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    The Greek side they played off the park last night - six defenders and two defensive midfielders

Such a weak move from Greece. Plus, City reject Samaras upfront showing why he never got a kick in the prem.

Skel's wager on a south-american team lifting the cup looking wise.

Greece seemed to be playing for a loss, not even a draw. Totally negative, and I'm so pleased they're out.

Who's watching at work then?

J i m s t e r said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    The Greek side they played off the park last night - six defenders and two defensive midfielders

Such a weak move from Greece. Plus, City reject Samaras upfront showing why he never got a kick in the prem.

Skel's wager on a south-american team lifting the cup looking wise.

Samaras was fucking diabolical in the first game and all.

Meanwhile, in the Spanish training camp...

"...and then he says, 'I'm going to replace you with Lucas'..."

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    'He thought Gerrard and Barry would make a great midfield partnership'

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Greece seemed to be playing for a loss, not even a draw. Totally negative, and I'm so pleased they're out.

Who's watching at work then?

There are two tellies in our building showing the match. Most permies are skulking off after lunch, so it should be a quiet afternoon. I finish at 4 anyway, so should catch the end at home.