Video of people buying the Drake album

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Duderonomy said:

as for snoop - while sometimes still slightly amusing and with the odd enjoyable pop song here and there -
    The truth is the guy fell off in like 96 - hes a caricature. a buffoon.

Fail on every level. Maybe you stopped listening to Snoop in '96 but dude is still putting out solid songs on the regular.

Well, he's definitely put out lots of good music, but it is true that he's been coasting as a rapper for a very long time.

Last Snoop quotable?

hertzhog said:
    faux_rillz said:
    dreskieboogie said:
    I think it's great that folks can get this excited about new music in 2010!

Dress

Says a dude named "dress"

Ironic coming from someone whose avatar has the dude from Mad Men adjusting his dress. I just wanted an excuse to say "ironic" since Drake says "ironically" back to back on two songs-- surely a first in rap music.

I do not pretend to know how you Euromen get down, but in the US that item is referred to as a "tie," not a "dress"

dreskieboogie said:
    I am not particular excited about Drake myself but let the kids enjoy it while it last. Dress or not. Congratulations on getting married by the way.

Dress

Thank you

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    mannybolone said:
    staxwax said:
    Duderonomy said:

as for snoop - while sometimes still slightly amusing and with the odd enjoyable pop song here and there -

Fail on every level. Maybe you stopped listening to Snoop in '96 but dude is still putting out solid songs on the regular.

Well, he's definitely put out lots of good music, but it is true that he's been coasting as a rapper for a very long time.

Last Snoop quotable?

Sexual Seduction?

in terms of simply the quality of his singles, Snoop seems to be more relevant in 2010 than almost any other big-name rapper his age.

• Step into the barbershop. "GIVE ME THE DRAKE!"

willie_fugal said:
    faux_rillz said:
    mannybolone said:
    staxwax said:
    Duderonomy said:

Last Snoop quotable?

Sexual Seduction?

in terms of simply the quality of his singles, Snoop seems to be more relevant in 2010 than almost any other big-name rapper his age.

I like Snoop's work of the past decade--I've paid for every album that he's put out during that period, except for the most recent one.

But I also think he's grown really lazy as a rapper and usually just phones it in. His strength at this point is in finding the right collaborators, constructing songs and putting the imprint of his personality on them. He's like a Missy Elliott type figure now.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    "GIVE ME THE DRAKE!"

Creme filled Devil's food.

• Breez said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    "GIVE ME THE DRAKE!"

Creme filled Devil's food.

I used to love those. I haven't seen them around all that much at my supermarket, but they seem to have Ho Ho's in vast abundance.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    staxwax said:

Yet, this song from just a few years ago is one of his best ever...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the album, as a whole, is def dope. The production is very different compared to a lot of other main stream artist. He almost created his own genre in a way...b/c he can somewhat hold a note which means he can sing pretty good w/ some help from Autotunes of course but it doesn't sound bad. Esp b/c he incorporates it with his lyrical rapping ability. It's very different in a good way. I listen to the whole album from beginning to end today and was very pleased. He def did his thing and I wish the best for him. I'm interested to see how many records he sold in the first week. I'm projecting 500k-750k in the first week. What do you guys think?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    :protectyaneck:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    drewnice said:
    Please explain why. Don't just give us the internet hater line "it's garbage". Is it because you don't like this type of hip hop? or is your stuff is so much better that this Drake album is garbage in your eyes? Is it the mix, tracks, song concepts?

Brian said:
    drewnice said:
    Please explain why. Don't just give us the internet hater line "it's garbage". Is it because you don't like this type of hip hop? or is your stuff is so much better that this Drake album is garbage in your eyes? Is it the mix, tracks, song concepts?

Hi Brian. Have you read the other Drake thread?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    drewnice said:
    Brian said:
    drewnice said:

Drake is affiliated with the most hated rapper in the game. Of course he's going to be hated. Drake is a humble guy, he dosent try to act hard becuase of the fact that he is with young money. (IMO should've signed with Rocafella, but i can see he signed with YM because lil wayne discovered him and he owes him)

Brian said:
    drewnice said:
    Brian said:
    drewnice said:

Drake is affiliated with the most hated rapper in the game. Of course he's going to be hated. Drake is a humble guy, he dosent try to act hard becuase of the fact that he is with young money. (IMO should've signed with Rocafella, but i can see he signed with YM because lil wayne discovered him and he owes him)

^^^
    Clearly has not read the other Drake thread.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    There are a few jams on this record, I'm not gonna lie.

Brian said:
    drewnice said:
    Brian said:
    drewnice said:

Drake is affiliated with the most hated rapper in the game.

Nicki Minaj is the most hated rapper in the game?