Rock Star INXS (NRR)

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone watching this. I just caught it the last 2 nights and it's a little corney. The INXS drummer playing air drums durring peoples preformance is quite the cheese. Dave Navarro even joined him last night. It seem like more of a way for INXS to get their name back out there. Does anyone relaly want to see any of these yahoos lead INXS? For that matter does anyone want to see INXS with out Michael Hutchens (SP)? The guy that did Devil Inside last night suuuuuuuuucked. It looked like a Mad TV skit with the guy that plays Stweart.Every person that sings gets the "your so great I was blown away" speach. They need to get Simon up in that piece.OK just yapping.......

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    For that matter does anyone want to see INXS with out Michael Hutchens (SP)?

Absolutely not.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i don't have tv, but i'm well aware of this whole bullshit. in 5th grade KICK was my shit, LISTEN LIKE THIEVES, DECCADANCE, all of it. it's disgraceful, especially coupled with the "mystery" surrounding hutchence's death. those old doods need to think of something new, and be happy they had their days in the sun.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i think both this and the search for the new TLC member is so distasteful...whoring out death and tragedy for a prime time show...ick. the premise behind brat camp is pretty f*cked, too.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i think it's so funny/stupid that instead of calling them 'contestants', the host calls them 'rockers' i.e. "tune in tonight to find out which one of these rockers is going to get eliminated!"

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    i think both this and the search for the new TLC member is so distasteful...whoring out death and tragedy for a prime time show...ick. the premise behind brat camp is pretty f*cked, too.

Oh man I forgot about the TLC show. Yea, the whole "Replace our dead bandmate" is lame.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I am so glad that I know not of what you speak.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I have never really listened to much INXS, but the whole concept of this shit is shiiiiiiiiiit. I'm sick and tired of all this X-Factor Pap-Idol shit mang.

Can these dudes not see this thing falling flat on its ayasss after the series is over?

You cant replace a legend, no matter who it is... if they died near or at the peak of their career... dont even bother son.. its gonna be shiiiiiit.

All these shows make their production money from those stoopidly shhiiiit phone-ins too.

WHAT DAY IS IT???

A. August
    B. Cheescake
    C. Thursday

TEXT US WITH YOUR ANSWERS.

CALLS CHARGED AT 10 QUID.

Then cue 70 thousand foo's texting in..... KER-CHIinnnggggggg.

YO, ITV OR WHOEVER THE HELL IT IS....... PUT SOME OF YOUR OWN DAMN MONEY INTO SOME DECENT TV AND STOP MAKING SHIIIIIIIIT.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Funny.. I worked with one of the gurls on the show. She's crazy nice. Really a great person. But I don't think any of these people are right to be frontin' INXS. Really I can't see anyone doing it. I think most are just on it to get exposure (And not really wanting to front INXS). I watch it once in awhile just to see how she does. But for the most part, can't get into it.

i don't have tv, but i'm well aware of this whole bullshit. in 5th grade KICK was my shit, LISTEN LIKE THIEVES, DECCADANCE, all of it. it's disgraceful, especially coupled with the "mystery" surrounding hutchence's death. those old doods need to think of something new, and be happy they had their days in the sun.

I think that's why it's weird. I actually liked INXS when I was in high school and even played covers of them in a high school band. That's why i can't see any of these "rockers" comming even close to leading a huge group.

BTW I didn't really know his death was a mystery. Maybe your just being nice. Is "mystery" a code word for autoerotic asphyxiation (SP)? I don't mind saying it because I've know 2 people that have died from it so I think it's important for people to know that it's not cool and you shouldn't do it. One kid was a 14 year old son of a lady I worked with and it was really horrible for the whole work place. It was a small store an we all hung out and knew eachother.

Please people, if you want to do a little faux choking with you partner keep it safe, but don't ever do that stuff by yourself!!!!!!!!!

Funny.. I worked with one of the gurls on the show. She's crazy nice. Really a great person. But I don't think any of these people are right to be frontin' INXS. Really I can't see anyone doing it. I think most are just on it to get exposure. I watch it once in awhile just to see how she does. But for the most part, can't get into it.

the chick from joydrop? i don't have cable to watch - though i don't think i could stomach it - but i heard she's on it and someone else from Toronto- is that true?

Funny.. I worked with one of the gurls on the show. She's crazy nice. Really a great person. But I don't think any of these people are right to be frontin' INXS. Really I can't see anyone doing it. I think most are just on it to get exposure (And not really wanting to front INXS). I watch it once in awhile just to see how she does. But for the most part, can't get into it.

Care to tell us who? I won't diss.

• It is fun to watch Dave Navarro pass so far into "Uncool-land" that his chances of ever being cool again are slim to none. His lesson on "Peacocking" was as unintentionally funny as anything I've ever seen on TV...

Funny.. I worked with one of the gurls on the show. She's crazy nice. Really a great person. But I don't think any of these people are right to be frontin' INXS. Really I can't see anyone doing it. I think most are just on it to get exposure. I watch it once in awhile just to see how she does. But for the most part, can't get into it.

the chick from joydrop? i don't have cable to watch - though i don't think i could stomach it - but i heard she's on it and someone else from Toronto- is that true?

You can actually catch it on ABC (?) Tues and Wed. I didn't even know it was on cable until last night when they announced it. Not sure, but I guess Sundays on VH1 they have them all in a house (that's original) taking voice lessons etc and then T&W are the preformance and vote etc. Only seen 2 shows so I don't know the whole deal. Usually you can get on the websites and see chips and stuff.

His lesson on "Peacocking" was as unintentionally funny as anything I've ever seen on TV...

ha! what!?!?

It is fun to watch Dave Navarro pass so far into "Uncool-land" that his chances of ever being cool again are slim to none. His lesson on "Peacocking" was as unintentionally funny as anything I've ever seen on TV...

Sorry I missed that. As in Mick Jagger strut?

And yess, Dave is no longer cool. I guess it's better than ODing on heroin. He might be "rich cool" but not "cool cool".

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Care to tell us who? I won't diss.

Suzie on the show.

I know the last thing she did was this huge tribute show Abba Mania all across North America. She really is super nice and zero attitude IRL.

I work with a bunch of artist that are semi-well known.

MissBassie: No not Tara from Joydrop.

It is fun to watch Dave Navarro pass so far into "Uncool-land" that his chances of ever being cool again are slim to none. His lesson on "Peacocking" was as unintentionally funny as anything I've ever seen on TV...

Sorry I missed that. As in Mick Jagger strut?

And yess, Dave is no longer cool. I guess it's better than ODing on heroin. He might be "rich cool" but not "cool cool".

DOesnt he get to fuck carmen electra. She skanky, but that is still pretty cool.

• what channel is the inxs one on?

anyways, i got bigger fish to fry here. see, there seems to be a right dangerous trend with these reality game show things. and that is this. why is it that american TV execs find it necessary to have all these shows judged by a bunch of limey brits? i mean, im not trying to knock the british culture or anything, but seriously, what's the reasoning behind this? does middle america really see the english as some sort of unbiased group of wise-acres that can dig deep within america's hopefuls and find true talent? i mean, it hasnt worked so far. in fact, a friend of mine was telling me about some british show that american idol basically copied. yeah, and that show has a reputation for cursing popstar's careers. like, its better for your career to actually lose on that show than to win, cuz the winners get stuck in some shitty contract and make shitty music.

You can actually catch it on ABC (?) Tues and Wed. I didn't even know it was on cable until last night when they announced it. Not sure, but I guess Sundays on VH1 they have them all in a house (that's original) taking voice lessons etc and then T&W are the preformance and vote etc. Only seen 2 shows so I don't know the whole deal. Usually you can get on the websites and see chips and stuff.

i'm in toronto, if the transmitter isn't in my city - it's cable! well, we get a fuzzy PBS.

no matter - i don't think i'd watch it. i'm currently hooked on so you think you dance to be honest.

• His lesson on "Peacocking" was as unintentionally funny as anything I've ever seen on TV...

ha! what!?!?

He described his "system" of "looking like a rock star" as "peacocking". He sat in a chair and wrapped a white feather boa around his neck while the contestants stood across from him and rolled their eyes.

• no matter - i don't think i'd watch it. i'm currently hooked on so you think you dance to be honest.

i caught the first episode with the cheerleader pop locking girl. man, she fucking ruled that shit!

saw last nights episode and was kinda bored with it.

what channel is the inxs one on?

anyways, i got bigger fish to fry here. see, there seems to be a right dangerous trend with these reality game show things. and that is this. why is it that american TV execs find it necessary to have all these shows judged by a bunch of limey brits? i mean, im not trying to knock the british culture or anything, but seriously, what's the reasoning behind this? does middle america really see the english as some sort of unbiased group of wise-acres that can dig deep within america's hopefuls and find true talent? i mean, it hasnt worked so far. in fact, a friend of mine was telling me about some british show that american idol basically copied. yeah, and that show has a reputation for cursing popstar's careers. like, its better for your career to actually lose on that show than to win, cuz the winners get stuck in some shitty contract and make shitty music.

I think it's cuz a lot of these shows are rip offs of British show. So they have various connections. Trading Spaces was originally a british show as well as others. Plus, the US loves S&M so we get off on being wipped by our ex-bosses.

I always like Letterman's joke for his Will It Float segmant. "A lot of you know we stole this from the British show 'Is It Bouyant'"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    everyone over 45 that i know is addicted to it...

no matter - i don't think i'd watch it. i'm currently hooked on so you think you dance to be honest.

i caught the first episode with the cheerleader pop locking girl. man, she fucking ruled that shit!

that blake dude played the blond choreographer like a violin with his crying dance - pu-lease!!

predictably, i'm rooting for alan.

• no matter - i don't think i'd watch it. i'm currently hooked on so you think you dance to be honest.

that blake dude played the blond choreographer like a violin with his crying dance - pu-lease!!

predictably, i'm rooting for alan.

HA HA! that shit was so classic. dude knows how to work a room full of drama queens. he's like the dance version of myself, if i may say so. sheeeit you shouldve seen justin cry like a baby when i broke into "we belong" by pat benetar at the karaoke box last week.

in related news, were they showing that fat joe boost mobile tv ad featuring thes one's carrier pigeon. madison avenue is climbing the fucking walls for some rap lips validation.

BTW Rock Star is on CBS not ABC

What channel is the dance show on?

• Fox

BTW Rock Star is on CBS not ABC

What channel is the dance show on?

CTV - channel 9.

haha.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I watched last night. Co-sign on the devil inside guy and the brother singing the INXS tune sucked ass. I thought the girl who sang Man who Sold the World did a decent job. Still, it makes you appreciate how effective Hutchence (sp?) and Cobain were, even without the pipes they could stop a block (no Mellencamp).

What's Navarro doing there? Is he joining the band too? Also, was his shirt off while judging? I'd say 50% of the time you that guy he's sans blouse. Navarro went down the pipes when he joined the Chili Peppers even while hating their music, nothing less cool than playing for the money.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i think the whole british thing is just a difference in attitude too. British and Aussie's have a heathy sence of, well, telling people when they suck big sweaty balls. There's a tall poppy syndrome going on which acts as a good counter to the american optimistic "you can do anything". Works well on screen.