Track ID - Plus crazy traffic accidents.

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone know what track this is playing in the video?

@2:00

:next_level:

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Don't know the song but the accident at 0:15 is awesome. It's almost pathetic. It's like a boat crash, as if they were just floating slowly at eachother and couldn't change anything.

• i'm almost positive i have the track somewhere on my computer, just having a hard time finding it.

i'll check back in.

by the way.....
    best comment.
    "Brakes??? are decadent western luxeries."

• edubedub 715 Posts
    LOL @ 2:05

this is actually pretty insane - looks like the same few intersections with no stop signs... I mean WTF?....

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    DOR said:

@2:00

:next_level:

Oh shit. Just watched it to that point. That is amazing. How did that happen? Both parties seem equally to blame and both seem completely clueless.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Straight up - driving in China (and Taiwan too) is spectacularly dangerous. I've asked people why this is and one theory is that, at least in China, there's no real equivalent to the American civil courts system. If you get into an accident, people tend to work shit out on the spot with a few dollars exchanged or whatever but there's no equivalence to "ambulance chasing" attorneys out there helping to make accidents something you'd want to avoid by any means necessary from a personal cost/liability point of view.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Double post.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Straight up - driving in China (and Taiwan too) is spectacularly dangerous. I've asked people why this is and one theory is that, at least in China, there's no real equivalent to the American civil courts system. If you get into an accident, people tend to work shit out on the spot with a few dollars exchanged or whatever but there's no equivalence to "ambulance chasing" attorneys out there helping to make accidents something you'd want to avoid by any means necessary from a personal cost/liability point of view.

They obviously don't believe in helmets either. Yeesh.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    mannybolone said:

That's some great American-centric-backward-ass logic.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    mannybolone said:

And all along I thought people wanted to avoid accidents because they don't want to get hurt or hurt other people (or damage their property). It takes a pretty cynical person, or indeed an Americentric view, to believe in that theory. You might get a bit more reckless parallel parking knowing there's no risk of attorneys being involved, but that's it IMO.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    mannybolone said:

And all along I thought people wanted to avoid accidents because they don't want to get hurt or hurt other people (or damage their property). It takes a pretty cynical person, or indeed an Americentric view, to believe in that theory. You might get a bit more reckless parallel parking knowing there's no risk of attorneys being involved, but that's it IMO.

So is this something to do with car/motorbike ownership increasing, but driving tests/road signs and traffic lights still only set up for a bicycle riding populace?
    I like the motorist that just drives straight into the ditch... obviously unaware that it will be a 'litigation fail' because of the hidden camera. I believe that China still has a very strong collectivist psyche. Shame that among America's many gifts to the world, litigation is one they may be remembered for.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There appears to be a lack of signage in China saying "stop" at an intersection. There are intersections they show that have what appears to be a black and yellow stop line, but some intersections do not have this. Many of these accidents appear as if the drivers are tentative or unsure of what to do at an intersection, or who should be going. Seems like a case of too many new drivers and not enough signage, knowledge, and instruction imo.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    loving the slow and stupid ones in the video, and am i the only one doubting america has better drivers? america isnt really known for good driving in the outside world.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    doom said:
    loving the slow and stupid ones in the video, and am i the only one doubting america has better drivers? america isnt really known for good driving in the outside world.

I don't know which country has the worst drivers, but was wondering if the automotivisation (is that a word?) of China might help with population control. So many of the accidents look avoidable, but nobody wants to use the brakes.