I suppose it had to happen sooner or later...

2»

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Junior said:
    Yeah the whole thing smells of a small screen project made big. I'd have to put a lot of blame for this kind of thing on East Is East as well, ever since that came out it seems the Brit film industry has switched its focus onto doing these kind of slightly grim up north but everyone's a cheeky chappy period dramadies which latch onto a theme.

On the plus side, if it does do well there might be a decent cash in documentary series made.

east is east is actually a decent, funny, movie... are there any copycats that i should bother checking for?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Looks like Fight Club meets workout video.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I saw Greg Belson in there.

(Greg! How's the beautiful barkeep doing?)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    Junior said:
    Yeah the whole thing smells of a small screen project made big. I'd have to put a lot of blame for this kind of thing on East Is East as well, ever since that came out it seems the Brit film industry has switched its focus onto doing these kind of slightly grim up north but everyone's a cheeky chappy period dramadies which latch onto a theme.

On the plus side, if it does do well there might be a decent cash in documentary series made.

east is east is actually a decent, funny, movie... are there any copycats that i should bother checking for?

The short answer is no, not that I'm aware of. In East Is East's defense it is well done and it's not that film's fault that it spawned so many similar films. I also think East Is East harks back more to the kind of films that were being made in the early eighties about life in Britain at the time. Speaking of which, if you haven't seen Rita, Sue and Bob Too I would highly recommend checking it out.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    I shit a big bowl of authenticity every morning

the youtube video has over 250k hits...congrats!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    It's gonna have good music and looks like they did a good job setting the period...
    Doesn't look that bad to these eyes.