Cheer me up!

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm having a heavy case of bad karma that's been going on for a month. Trying to keep my spirits up, but a month is fuckin pushin it. (end rant)

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey Red Clay, hope you come out of it and that you're doing alright.

Please explain what happened to you.

On Monday, I actually felt bad karma enter my body. There were several copies of a record at the local shop and I put the better condition record in the better condition sleeve. The was also a slight price difference. Knew I shouldn't have done it, but I did. On the walk home, something in the air flew into my eye that I still haven't gotten out and that night I dropped my [color:white] smoking [/color] instrument on kitchen floor and it smashed into a million pieces.

Those things don't usually happen to me, "instant kamra."

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    if this doesnt cheer you up i dont know what will.

http://ahastolemystapler.ytmnd.com/

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    WOW!!!

• from the "Fives" thread:

Bottoms up i'm afraid...

Damn- we're in a tight spot![/b]

1[/b] A guy who lives in my house (student spot) has gone psychotic and is convinced i'm out to destroy his life. Cue serious deaththreats and general menace. Police is on coll and am working with my landlord to get him evicted. Can't live in my own home at the moment and am staying with my gf

2[/b] Trying to find a job. Broke as fuck and feeling pretty purposeless

3[/b] Sister got diagnosed w/ a severe "early" personality disorder in combination with borderline syndrome. And we were thinking she had a hard to cure eating disorder.

4[/b] Computer broke down a few days ago, which leaves me hassling friends or paying mad loot at internet spots.

5[/b] For some reason i cant seem to find a decent temp job to hold me over untill i find a prober j.o.b.

added drama: recieved a $200 phone bill today, had some upcoming gigs fall trough and my "NM" Ralfi Pagan 45 is hissy as hell- god damnit!

Really starting to feel like a string of bad luck (yes Harold). Will probably feel better tomorrow, but in the dumps right now.

• if this doesnt cheer you up i dont know what will.

http://ahastolemystapler.ytmnd.com/

Brilliant!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

My advice, go listen to some Curtis Mayfield and you will feel much better.

I have had a super-stressful work week and to top it off my girl has been on the other side of the country all week long. I'm trying to keep from stressing her out with my goings on. Just some things that you have to get through in life and you'll be proud that you did.

This message brought to you by the Curtis Mayfield Advocacy Society (CMAS)

Where would we be without one finger solos?

This may help! My friend Breaks down the AHA video on AIM!

dub:[/b] im going to best buy
    dub:[/b] and getting an a-ha album
    dub:[/b] its seriously hgood
    docbeezy:[/b] i cant imagine
    docbeezy:[/b] the rest
    docbeezy:[/b] is good
    dub:[/b] dude
    dub:[/b] i LOVE it
    dub:[/b] when there is the solo thing
    dub:[/b] and the scary ass wrench dude shows up
    dub:[/b] and the synth breakdown
    dub:[/b] like that streaking noise
    dub:[/b] it all lines up
    docbeezy:[/b] where would we be without one finger solos?
    docbeezy:[/b]: hahah
    docbeezy:[/b] it all lines up
    dub:[/b] its like
    dub:[/b] drums
    dub:[/b] drums
    dub:[/b] then
    dub:[/b] shhhhwwooooo
    docbeezy:[/b] why does the race car driver with the wrench want to fight him
    dub:[/b] dod do do do doda da
    dub:[/b] well if y ou see in the beginning
    dub:[/b] he is a racecar driver too
    dub:[/b] and he is racing that guy
    dub:[/b] and kicking his ass
    dub:[/b] going like 140
    docbeezy:[/b] oh yeah
    docbeezy:[/b] is that the speed ?
    dub:[/b] so he is salty
    dub:[/b] like fuck this dguy
    dub:[/b] i want that trophy
    dub:[/b] im gona whoop this handsomeboys ass
    dub:[/b] BUT THEN
    dub:[/b] handsome boy gets a babe
    dub:[/b] and racecar driver dude cant figure out where he is
    dub:[/b] cause he is frolicking around with the rest of AHA
    dub:[/b] bending the boundaries of reality and fantasy in a comic book world
    dub:[/b] BUT THEN
    dub:[/b] the dude hears those kick ass drums
    dub:[/b] and finds them
    dub:[/b] so synth dude says admn i better bring it up a notch
    dub:[/b] cause some intense fighting is about to happen
    dub:[/b] then he is like
    dub:[/b] BABE!
    dub:[/b] GO !
    dub:[/b] TAKE THIS SECRET DOOR
    dub:[/b] I WILL DIE FOR YOU

try to cheer a guy up and I dont even know if it worked.

try to cheer a guy up and I dont even know if it worked.

I'll bet it was the Curtis. By now, he's in dreamland.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Someone at work just showed me this. Its all old covers of Superman Comics they are real covers. Its some funny shit.

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/1.html

• OH MY GOD!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Dude, I hate Jimmy Olsen as much as the next guy, but what did AQUAMAN ever do to you?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    1[/b] A guy who lives in my house (student spot) has gone psychotic and is convinced i'm out to destroy his life. Cue serious deaththreats and general menace. Police is on coll and am working with my landlord to get him evicted. Can't live in my own home at the moment and am staying with my gf

Do everyone a favor and cap his ass. You'll be happy because you can live in your own house, your gf will be happy because you're no longer a nervous wreck, the cops will be happy because they now they have more time to plant drugs on people, the landlord will be happy because he can get a new lower-maintenance tenant, and most of all they psycho will be happy because he'll know without a doubt that he was right.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Someone at work just showed me this. Its all old covers of Superman Comics they are'nt[/b] real covers. Its some funny shit.

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/1.html

Man, if you believe that shit I've got a rare $500 VG- Carpenters record to sell you.

Red Clay, hold your head my man. All these things will pass. Stay away from dude and focus on getting yourself back on track. One thing will lead to another and life will balance itself out. Life is cyclical and it will be good again.