Set Sales on Soul Strut

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Seeing all the folks on here with Premium memberships got me thinking.

We need more!

:beerbang:

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm sayin... I got 8 crates of shit here to sell. Just lazy to list it all up and take pictures... my set-sale reaped no buyers :(

• I've got some great stuff in the past off the set sales - speaking of, whats happened to young einsteins set sales? he had some cool stuff.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm sayin... Einstein filled holes in my collection (no homo) that no one else could (pause) through his sales ...

BRING 'EM BACK! The pricing, grading and pictures were where it was at hommie.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I agree.

With sites like Popsike to price check on, why bother with eBay anymore? Their fees are getting totally redic.

Next time i have to unload stuff, SET SALE.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I should have a nice set sale pretty soon.

• maru said:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    maru said:

• i love ss set sales. always a frenzy when someone puts up a nice list.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    djsheep said:
    I'm sayin...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What do you guys want genre-wise? I'm swamped in records (and work), but would like to do hella set sales shortly.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    What setsales? I don't see any on the classifieds? Missing something?

:roll:

Burns said:

There were about 2 or 3 a couple days ago and they have expired.

One thing I have noticed, the people on here are THIRSTY for them. Shit goes in a matter of minutes. It's quick money if you ask me.

RAJ said:

One thing I have noticed, the people on here are THIRSTY for them. Shit goes in a matter of minutes. It's quick money if you ask me.

This is the crux of why set sales are so desirable (for both sellers and buyers). Instead of having to wait 7 days for your auctions to end on eBay (or your winning bid to go through if you're a buyer), you can list stuff on a set sale and within hours have money in your account. I have to say that I've never had a bad experience selling on SoulStrut. Strutteurs always pay ASAP and are super cool. Plus the fees here are negligible.

I've gotten so many sick records from sales on here, plus countless other good records thrown in as extras from the homies!

The_Non said:
    What do you guys want genre-wise? I'm swamped in records (and work), but would like to do hella set sales shortly.

Quality Latin / Brasilian LPs & 7s
    Cosmic Disco Twelves
    Spiritual Jazz LPs
    International Funk / Psych records of all types
    Sweet / Lowrider Soul 45s
    80s Vocoder Boogie LPs & Twelves

Plaese to send raer!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Man I was going to do an ebay drop, but maybe I should just do a SS style set sale. As a seller it's just frantic trying to keep up with pm's though, nevermind keeping people straight as runners up if the first dude doesn't pay or answer your pm's.

:weaksauce:

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Nobody can respond in the Classified though right?
    I mean the original poster can't even edit the original post to change what was sold.
    Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm down.
    Maybe post set sales in the Trade forum?
    I got crates and was planning to slowly set sale on Waxidermy over the Summer cause no offense but trying to set sale on Soulstrut always sucked in my experience.

PABLO said:
    Nobody can respond in the Classified though right?
    I mean the original poster can't even edit the original post to change what was sold.

There's a "Control Box" to the right of the ad.

As for editing the ad, there is a pencil icon, click that and a window pops up where you can edit it. After it is edited, the ad is bumped to the top.

As for people getting in touch with you, they can PM you or click the "email seller" icon in the control box. That goes to a form that is filled out and emailed to you.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ah OK, haven't explored the site as I should.
    Set sales coming up!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I want $2.77 media mail prices for all the uniter staters.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Burns said:

indeed, people went bananas on my list. i havent sold on ebay since about 2002 and i dont intend on ever selling a record there again. i made about $950 in less than a week with my soul strut set sale a few weeks back. totally worth the $7.99 for the monthly rate and the hour it took to type it up. price em right and they will fly! grade them carefully though, no matter how tight you think you grade, theres always someone who's tighter.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah your sale was fire karlaphone. didn't get anything, but i remember going through the list and being like damn, those are some good records at good prices. and cosign on einstein's sales. his were the illest.

like i said, i should have a set sale ready in the coming weeks. been setting records aside for a while now and have some nice things to offer.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Yes, set sales w/ gospel raer and sweet soul would be much appreciated.

peace,xavier

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    karlophone said:
    RAJ said:
    Burns said:

indeed, people went bananas on my list. i havent sold on ebay since about 2002 and i dont intend on ever selling a record there again. i made about $950 in less than a week with my soul strut set sale a few weeks back. totally worth the $7.99 for the monthly rate and the hour it took to type it up. price em right and they will fly! grade them carefully though, no matter how tight you think you grade, theres always someone who's tighter.

Yes people please make sure you grade shit right...I have brought stuff in the past and the grading was suspect....but that was far and few in between....also please return PM's....Just my 2 cents.