Rampage vs. Rashad (UFC batches)

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central

the consensus seems to be Rampage dominating the fight but something in my gut says Rashad's gonna take it.the hype is massive and to be honest im more excited for 115 when Pat Barry a guy who used to bounce at a club i worked next to takes on CroCop.Pat is one of the nicest guys i have ever met and has the skills but CroCop is CroCop.anyway, my moneys on Rashad and Pat.

Comments

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    I hope Crocop kicks Barry's head off. He's been saying some not so flattering things about Mirko which isn't a good look.

As to to the Page fight i want Page BUT it can definitely go two ways. Page is funny that way. Hopefully it will stay on the feet and Rashad can't lay and gay for the decision. I just hope he doesn't shoot immediately into the fight.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I hope Crocop kicks Barry's head off. He's been saying some not so flattering things about Mirko which isn't a good look.

Bullshit. source?

Pat has stated repeatedly that Crocop is one of his heros, that he will ask for an autograph and that he is humbled to have the opportunity to fight him.

Like here:

As to to the Page fight i want Page BUT it can definitely go two ways. Page is funny that way. Hopefully it will stay on the feet and Rashad can't lay and gay for the decision. I just hope he doesn't shoot immediately into the fight.

lay and gay... you sound cool.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I got Rashad. Should be a good fight, I like seeing Rampage so fired up.

Got my ticket for 115 I'm hoping to see some vintage CroCop, but he just hasn't looked good in UFC thus far.

I don't like Pat Barry saying things like "I'd fight that fool in my jeans and beat him." I find that very disrespectful. I guess he's your friend or something i'm just not a fan of someone that would say that about Cro Cop.

And I do sound quite cool saying lay and gay referring to Rashad considering he's never landed a signifigant shot while in guard and he has a fake black belt and has never gone for a submission in his life. So yes he does indeed just lay there. Sorry that's my opinion.

Pat is not my friend, i knew him when he was in Amsterdam training K1 under Ernesto Hoost, he worked the door at a bar close to mine. He is just a genuinly nice guy and humble to the core.

What he meant when he said hed fight that fool in his jeans and beat him is that he (Pat) is hungry to fight, and relishes the opportunity to fight someone of Crocops caliber.

As for 'fool' thats just how Pat speaks, hes a funny dude, check his techno viking bit.

and as far as saying hed beat Crocop, any professional athlete needs to believe they can beat their opponent (although Pats comments about watching Crocop when he was young in the video i posted at the jump might suggest otherwise).

Hes a good dude man, has faced and overcome some crushing setbacks in his life:

Hes from NO, Katrina washed away his life, he lost family, his girl was murdered, Hoost turned his back on him, the guy was eating pot fuckin noodles and had no money in the world when he won fight and knockout of the night and pocketed over 100000 against Antony Hardonk, his old sparring partner from Amsterdam (and Hoosts goldenboy).

the guy deserves nothing but success, dedicates his time out of the ring to charity, and cites a streetfighter 2 character as his hero.

Hes a kid in a candy store right now and genuinly cannot believe the success hes having.

plus he has leg kicks that would knock a T-rex out.

Crocop is a living legend and his kicks aint exactly shabby... its gona be a great fight: someones getting knocked the fuck OUT.

I'm still in the denial phase from when Gonzoga kicked Crocop. Everytime I watch the replay I think Crocop may win. I think I need to talk to Dr Drew or something.

Barry sounds like a good guy and I hope he has success. Unfortunately I hope that starts at some other time than this fight lol.

I'm excited to see Lil Nog too!

I'm still in the denial phase from when Gonzoga kicked Crocop. Everytime I watch the replay I think Crocop may win. I think I need to talk to Dr Drew or something.

Tell me about it, i was shellshocked.

Barry sounds like a good guy and I hope he has success. Unfortunately I hope that starts at some other time than this fight lol.

Dude, how do you think i feel?! all this bullshit talk of Crocop being past his prime, the man is a machine.

I'm excited to see Lil Nog too!

OH HELL YES.

and whats the chances of Rampage/Rashad being a massive anticlimax, the hype is too big, almost impossible to live up to.

im waiting for Dana to swallow his pride (lol) and sign Fedor so he can smack the shit out of Overeem.

the music at the beginning is abysmal,watch from 3.25

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Dana's right about him not fighting anybody since 2005 though if we're talking about the top ranked heavyweights, my bet is that M1 will probably not let the Alistair Overeem fight happen. In that case I'd have to side with Dana, how long can you keep Fedor on the current PFP list if he doesn't take big fights, there's no doubt he was the best 5-10 years ago but 2010 is totally debatable. Now he's fighting Fabricio Werdum (which he'll knock out). What does that fight prove?

Rashad with the win.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    rampage is one of my favorites ever but lets face it his primes was 6-8 yrs ago. another past his prime fighter that dana inhertied and can introduce to the meathead ufc masses as one of the best ever when in reality he was dominating when most current ufc fans had never heard of a thai clinch.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Hes a good dude man, has faced and overcome some crushing setbacks in his life:

Hes from NO, Katrina washed away his life, he lost family, his girl was murdered, Hoost turned his back on him, the guy was eating pot fuckin noodles and had no money in the world when he won fight and knockout of the night and pocketed over 100000 against Antony Hardonk, his old sparring partner from Amsterdam (and Hoosts goldenboy).

Wow, I knew he was down in the dumps but I never knew it was that bad, I guess thats why he was so emotional when he beat Hardonk! I still think he looks too small for heavyweight and should try and cut to LHW.
    He's seems very genuine and has a funny-ass blog about him serving people in his shorts. Check it out...
    http://www.suckerpunchent.com/feature/served-a-photo-diary-by-hd/

• Ok.. i'm back on. All I see is a red X.

Anyways, the fight went EXACTLY as I thought. I wish Rampages shot caught him cleanly so he could have gotten the W. Let's not be so quick to kill Page though, his takedown defense was very good. But when a guy tries to take you down for five minutes and you stop it for 3 plus minutes you're eventually going to go down. Page is still good he just refuses to add tools. He should have thrown an elbow to break the clinch of the fense. He also needs to learn how to do at least one submission lol. Anyways, props to Rashad I guess. I don't like him or the entire Greg Jackson camp or their lame do as little as possible to win a decision theory.

As for Barry, i was on sherdog earlier and the opinion there is that he really is a godd guy and he'll probably destroy Crocop which is sad but he's a good guy if someone has to do it. :(

Who do you guys have in the Chuck VS Franklin fight? and Brock VS Carwin.?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    UFC seems to be for people that have a small penis. Stick to KFC fellas

• jammy said:
    UFC seems to be for people that have a small penis. Stick to KFC fellas

Out of cuirousity, while you were reading this did you start thinking about penis or chicken first?

FunkyFlatulent said:
    Ok.. i'm back on. All I see is a red X.

Anyways, the fight went EXACTLY as I thought. I wish Rampages shot caught him cleanly so he could have gotten the W. Let's not be so quick to kill Page though, his takedown defense was very good. But when a guy tries to take you down for five minutes and you stop it for 3 plus minutes you're eventually going to go down. Page is still good he just refuses to add tools. He should have thrown an elbow to break the clinch of the fense. He also needs to learn how to do at least one submission lol. Anyways, props to Rashad I guess. I don't like him or the entire Greg Jackson camp or their lame do as little as possible to win a decision theory.

As for Barry, i was on sherdog earlier and the opinion there is that he really is a godd guy and he'll probably destroy Crocop which is sad but he's a good guy if someone has to do it. :(

Who do you guys have in the Chuck VS Franklin fight? and Brock VS Carwin.?

Re: Red X, heres the link instead:

I agree with what you say about Rampages TDD, it was inevitable he would get taken down.

i saw a doc on Eurosport last night that followed him around while he was training for the fight in England, came across as a real nice guy, troubled but nice, it was good to see behind the trashtalking facade for a change. and for what its worth i dont think the punch rocked him as hard as some folks are saying.

the scene of him and Bisping playing a UFC PS3 game at what i assume was Bispings house was hilarious, dude has AWESOME wallpaper.

Chuck vs. Franklin... Chuck, hes pissed.
    Brock Carwin, i dont know enough about either fighter to make a call, whens the fight?

damn what did you think of the last TUF fight? quitting on the stool storyline...

i just found a site that streams the TUFs so its the only episode i have seen, dude was mentally destroyed, pretty sad way to go out.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    aight so Aronovski is filming a Lee Murray biopic!?

who yall got playing Murray and who yall got playing Tito?

discuss.

rootlesscosmo said:
    aight so Aronovski is filming a Lee Murray biopic!?

who yall got playing Murray and who yall got playing Tito?

discuss.

Nick Moran has that same serial killer look in his eye...

As for Tito... no idea.

Fucking spectacular UFC115 promo vid here:

http://www.mmazone.nl/2010/06/09/video-preview-ufc-115-liddell-vs-franklin/

and if you dont have PPV, this site will have the fights once they have broadcast.

Im so ready for this.

• I can't wait for this. I want Chuck to win even though I like Rich. Shame there has to be a loser. IF Chuck does win, or Rich for that matter, I'm not exactly sure where either of them go.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Rich is the only one with a possible run at a title shot anymore.
    I'm way more excited to see Paulo Thiago, this fight does seem like a step down in competition for him, but still good.

• :oh_snap:

You can watch all the fights here: http://www.mmazone.nl/

Pat got choked out, Chuck got knocked out, so much for my predictions.