Shipping time from Toronto to LA?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Any Canadian strutters have an idea on what the average shipping time would be for an LP to go from Toronto to LA? I've been waiting since around May 19th for an LP to arrive and still nada. Don't know if I should be concerned or mo' chill. Seller says it went out around that day and his feedback doesn't suggest some shady business.

Comments

• it can take between 2-3 days up to 14 business days. we had a long weekend, so you can;t count that monday a couple of weeks back or your memorial weekend mon. you're still in the delivery window,,,mo chill

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've had Canada to California packages take 3 to 4-ish weeks more than a few times.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    hcrink said:
    I've had Canada to California packages take 3 to 4-ish weeks more than a few times.

Same here. I just sent an LP to a Canadian strutter in Ontario that took 3 1/2 weeks to arrive.

• Im in Toronto and all my packages to the US seem to take 2 weeks with standard air.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Thanks dudes. I'll try to stay patient for another few!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Now you got to tell us what you copped!

musica said:
    Now you got to tell us what you copped!

I swear to god, this is always some Murphy's Law type shit but of course, the LP arrived today.

As for what I copped?

Can I also add that I love love love my VPI? Took that LP from dirty VG to "Cuban NM-" in two cleanings.

I have to say, while I'm glad to have scratched this white whale off my list, the 7" really does have the two best songs off the LP. "El Fino" is kind of cool if you really like Latin percussion but it's more atmospheric than something you'd spin out. But "Banana" b/w "Tu No Me Puedes Conquistar" is just an embarrassment of riches.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Canada's postal service has been horseshit ever since they started the privatization process. #1 reason why privatizing USPS is a bad idea.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That said USPS just took two weeks to deliver an EXPRESS MAIL package to Germany and lost two of my packages so they can bite it anyways.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    You get that from Aki, O? What a great album.

I've found the connection Btwn Cali and Ontario to be one of the best... I've had parcels take less then a week going either way.
    That said I think customs can fucks things up big time because every now and then it takes 4-6 weeks going to the states... square, light, flat packages must flip a lot of switches or something.

LoopDreams said:
    You get that from Aki, O?

Naw, Pete Schmidt of petesdeals. He's heading back to Cuba in a few weeks in case any of you have some burning Cuban record needs.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Pete's a good dude!

• Canada Post does totally suck. It's cheaper for me to send a 45 to Germany then to another province.