Beats-Some New, Some Not So New

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,

Currently, I'm mixing the old tracks I recorded with my MC back in Milwaukee. Here are 5 of the joints for your listening:

Struggles of Life - Big Stacks and Nighttime

Ain't Nuttin' Sweet - Big Stacks and Nighttime

Help Me - Big Stacks and Nighttime

Uncut Raw - Big Stacks and Nighttime

I'm Different (Remix) - Big Stacks and Nighttime

I hope you enjoy them.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    That "Help Me" beat is ridiculous. Really liking how the hard break and the cowbell go with the jazz guitar on "I'm Different" too. Strong Pete Rock & CL vibe there with the adlibs. Nice job.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    That "Help Me" beat is ridiculous. Really liking how the hard break and the cowbell go with the jazz guitar on "I'm Different" too. Strong Pete Rock & CL vibe there with the adlibs. Nice job.

Hey Hertzog,

Thanks for the kinds words, man. I'm glad you liked the material. I mixed them some more and uploaded the new versions. I hope folks find them better than the previous ones.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• thanks for sharing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Fishmongerfunk,

Actually, I really appreciated your earlier message! You picked up on my approach to hip-hop production, as I strive to make my stuff aesthetically pleasing and interesting. I try to make songs versus beats. Thanks and take care!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Fishmongerfunk,

Actually, I really appreciated your earlier message! You picked up on my approach to hip-hop production, as I strive to make my stuff aesthetically pleasing and interesting. I try to make songs versus beats. Thanks and take care!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

cool, i deleted it because i thought maybe i was shooting my mouth off about something i didn;t know enough about....there is one more thing i wanted to mention. i really like how you are using counter-point; it gives the tracks a sort of kaleidoscopic, cinematic vibe.

fishmongerfunk said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Fishmongerfunk,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

cool, i deleted it because i thought maybe i was shooting my mouth off about something i didn;t know enough about....there is one more thing i wanted to mention. i really like how you are using counter-point; it gives the tracks a sort of kaleidoscopic, cinematic vibe.

Thanks, Fishmongerfunk!!! I thank you for the feedback and listening to the tracks. I'm glad you're feeling them. I have about 7 more to mix, and then I'll post those as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak