Cocteau Twins Appreciation

OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I enunciate that you must appreciate

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    4AD James Lavell - MoWax related. My pops got me a couple of crates from an auction and blew my (experimental) mind back in the late 90's with this ish. Great packaging and an interesting precursor to the MoWax vibe.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Murdock said:
    4AD James Lavell - MoWax related. My pops got me a couple of crates from an auction and blew my (experimental) mind back in the late 90's with this ish. Great packaging and an interesting precursor to the MoWax vibe.

wait, you are saying that 4AD was a but precursor to mowax?

dude.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I haven't thought about this since way back when. But, I always thought there was a connection. Am I wrong or just (this is soooo over related).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    In my mind garden they sound like a post-punk version of These Trails.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Murdock said:
    I haven't thought about this since way back when. But, I always thought there was a connection. Am I wrong or just (this is soooo over related).

4AD are part of Beggars Banquet, along with Matador Records, Rough Trade Records and XL Recordings.

Nothing to do with MoWax unfortunately.

• Okem said:
    I enunciate that you must appreciate
    Major

My Favorites:

Acoustic Version of "Rilkean Heart":

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I almost started a YAY or NAY thread, but the site was down when i tried....

nice to drift off to while at work.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Saying Liz Fraser= Voice of God is no hyperbole.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Robin Guthrie has a few solo records that I highly recommend if you are a Cocteaus fan. No vocals, just loads of shimmery ambient guitar, excellent stuff IMO

• That 'Wax and Wane' song is outstanding. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Is the rest of 'Garlands' that good?

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    contortionist said:
    That 'Wax and Wane' song is outstanding. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Is the rest of 'Garlands' that good?

Its the first time I've heard it too, great track.

contortionist said:
    That 'Wax and Wane' song is outstanding. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Is the rest of 'Garlands' that good?

Garlands a great LP, but it's the only one of theirs that has that post-punk dark moody sound, after that LP they moved into the more atmospheric melodic style that really made them famous.

• I forgot about this one, probably in my top 5 favorite CT songs: