Guatemalan sinkhole.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
WHOA!! Where does that thing lead to?? It looks like it never ends!

My best friend bought a bar in Guatemala and moved their last year to run it. She's here right now (in Tucson) visiting family and friends but she's supposed to go back to Guatemala next week. I'm gonna ask her in the morning where this is in relation to where she lives.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    It's the work of teh Silver Surfer.

He's buttering us up for Galactacus.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I was just looking at those. What can be done with that? I would assume it'd be used for research, but afterwards would they fill it up? How could they? Can they make it "safe" for tours? What's down there? Another level of earth? Water? I'm very intrigued by all this. Surprised this thread isn't getting much attention.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Guatemalan sinkhole" sounds like one of those fake bizarre sex acts, like the donkey punch or the dirty sanchez.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    "Guatemalan sinkhole" sounds like one of those fake bizarre sex acts, like the donkey punch or the dirty sanchez.

Yes.

• i dont know how that hole is not a top priority for everyone that has the ability to do, well..anything....if not for the media, then at least for those rebel scientists that you see in movies like "2012" or "day after tomorrow" or those "daniel farraday"-types.........you mean to tell me, nobody could get better pics than the two i've been seeing all week that are taken from the 2 most curiousity-inducing camera angles ever?????? .... ....BTW..pause

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Apparently that's water at the bottom there.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

LOL.

Apparently it should now be referred to as a Guatemalan Piping Feature which, while it has potential, doesn't quite achieve the same level of straight faced sordidness.

I think it's pretty fascinating but no one really seems that bothered, maybe because there's not a lot you can do with it.

• HamHam 872 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Yeah, and something involving a gape, obviously.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Digger_Phelps_II said:
    or those "daniel farraday"-types.........

im just waiting for the smoke monster to come billowing out.