keeping it RR.......

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
First post on the new SS..might as well be a record related one.

Finally got to pick this white whale of mine up over the weekend, actually always had it filed, but without the damn cover, and in this case the cover is pretty badass, with Coke knocking out his opponent... No idear why it took me all these years to find one with the cover, then again did actually pull a copy with cover and all some 15+ years ago.. anyway, recall cause I put my homeboy on to it back then (early 90s), he did not know that it contained two UBB tracks, so I handed him the record thinking, this joint is common, I'll find a new copy tomorrow, thats a long time ago, and I didnt, not until last saturday haa.. Now Im thinking is this a keeper?? Change a Thing and Runaway are cool tracks, but still..?

Comments

• i have found like 5 copies of that record over the past 10 or so years for cheap and i always flip them.not a totally easy pull but they turn up.

it is sort of middling and the best parts are the breaks. i have a copy filed and i never pull it out...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    fishmongerfunk said:
    i have found like 5 copies of that record over the past 10 or so years for cheap and i always flip them.not a totally easy pull but they turn up.

it is sort of middling and the best parts are the breaks. i have a copy filed and i never pull it out...

yeah, but as far as i know this is US press only, Im not located in the US, and no German or Dutch pressings floating around, not that Ive seen anyway..
    Dont think that I'll even listen to it more just because theres a cover now, although there might be a tendency to not give records thats missing a cover a spin as much as records with cover (never gave that a thought until right now actually.. haaa)