Rockadelic Appreciation!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Hey,I just like to take the time to big-up one of my favorite posters on Soul Strut: Rockadelic. Dude has not only the crazy record knowledge, but he also brings a mother-wit and conviction on issues that I greatly admire. In this world of being overly politically-correct and disingenuous, I find Rock's perspective on things refreshing and real. So, I'm unsure if he's been appreciated on here before, but if so, I don't mind doing it again. It's all love over here in Dirty Jerz for you Rich.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak (Patrick)

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Hey,

I just like to take the time to big-up one of my favorite posters on Soul Strut: Rockadelic. Dude has not only the crazy record knowledge, but he also brings a mother-wit and conviction on issues that I greatly admire. In this world of being overly politically-correct and disingenuous, I find Rock's perspective on things refreshing and real. So, I'm unsure if he's been appreciated on here before, but if so, I don't mind doing it again. It's all love over here in Dirty Jerz for you Rich.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak (Patrick)

And his stories about records and whatnot are great!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I just like to take the time to big-up one of my favorite posters on Soul Strut: Rockadelic. Dude has not only the crazy record knowledge, but he also brings a mother-wit and conviction on issues that I greatly admire. In this world of being overly politically-correct and disingenuous, I find Rock's perspective on things refreshing and real. So, I'm unsure if he's been appreciated on here before, but if so, I don't mind doing it again. It's all love over here in Dirty Jerz for you Rich.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak (Patrick)

And his stories about records and whatnot are great!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Really not the biggest fan of Rock as a Soulstrut poster...but as a real person in real life, he's grade A top notch through and through.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I love the perspectives he brings, Rock is old enough to be some of our posters father (sorry fella) and i love the way he can engage and stir the youngins up.

i do like his devils advocate steez, he questions a lot of posters and initiates great discussions.

not one to shy away from ebeef either, the man casts a strong shadow round these parts.

the Disco Rich stories are some of my SS highlights, the 'whats worse than a NY faggot' rebuff my all time favorite.

Rather than buying my fellow ex bartender a beer if we ever meet, i will pick up the whole damn tab.

I have to say that of all you dudes, big and little, Rocks is the collection i would most like to spend an evening expoloring, his finds posts consistently blow me away.

Heres to you King Dick.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Cosign with the above poasters. Wouldn't mind having a cold one with Rich.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

hardly ever agree with him but like him.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I have to say that of all you dudes, big and little, Rocks is the collection i would most like to spend an evening expoloring, his finds posts consistently blow me away.

Heres to you King Dick.

I feel like Sally Field.

I'm afraid my collection would disappoint....a house fire, paying off debt and putting two kids through college pretty much wiped out any amazing collection.

Stacks & Mike B...thanks for the kind words....a real life meeting/beer/dinner would be great.

DB and I have done the meet and greet and it was my pleasure.

And Harv....I desperatly want to be your favorite SS poster so give me some poasting tips.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    paying off debt and putting two kids through college pretty much wiped out any amazing collection.

Real world moves! AKA That real shit.

b/w

nzshadow

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Not to sound unoriginal, but Big Stacks' first post in this thread pinpoints - on the nose - why Rockadelic is some-kinda-alright with me.

Rock, an in-person bull session is long overdue (even though geography prevents this - for now). And thanks for putting me up on the Wizards From Kansas!

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

+ respect for his monthly trivia.
    it wasn?t the first trivia i won on soulstrut but he was the only one who shipped the item

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

+ respect for his monthly trivia.
    it was the first trivia i won on soulstrut and he shipped the item

Thanks, Rockadelic. I appreciate you.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Dude is great...even before I knew who he was he had already helped me out as he was partially responsible for me releasing my first record and on more than one occaison I have recieved records from this dude in the mail that were unsolicited. Free surprise records, he'll yeah! Also the gentleman even tried to throw some work my way. I may sometimes disagree with him on some things in threads but at the end of the day, dude is integrity personified. I ride.

• I am always impressed by the knowledge and wit of the people who post here. Thats why I lurk. But Rockadelic is among the finest. Cheers. Wavy gravy...

And Harv....I desperatly want to be your favorite SS poster so give me some poasting tips.

More line posting in Pedro, less postmaster general.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Rich is a wealth of knowledge and soulstrut is a better place because he's around.

Btw, Rich, I have been meaning to get your address so that I can mail you a homebrew beer. The batch that wasn't ready for the ARC show is ready to drink now.

I have no clue what this means.

I have no clue what this means.

neither does he.

Rock, an in-person bull session is long overdue (even though geography prevents this - for now).

I'm pretty sure this would be a marathon session....if there were any records in Chicago this would happen sooner than later....but DC says "No, no records in Chicago"

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I met Rock a few years ago before I was on here or even knew who he was, courtesy of the one and only Billy Miller.

Hit me up next time you're in NYC (or Cape Cod), it would be nice to meet for real now that I know the score.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I'm a fan....he was never a dickhead to me like some of you people on here

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    White Gucci Belt

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i appreciate that guy.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I try to avoid posting in Rock-dominated threads because I'm afraid I might call him "dad" since he's prob my dad's age and often sounds like a dad. However, my own dad is not that cool (i.e. sells insurance and not records).

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    -Looks like beefy Gregg Allman-check
    -Likes records-check
    -Answers PMs promptly-check
    -Knowledgeable in many fields of science-check
    -Seemingly one of the most good natured dudes on the board-check

Rock on!

Not to jack your thread Rock, but please allow me to use this space to announce that I am going to sincerely try to turn over a new leaf with the turning over of the new board. I've been a dick too many times on here, so as they say...recognition is the first step to recovery.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Start another thread, Harvey, and call it "My Soapbox" or "My insatiable need to be at the center of attention NRR."

This one's about Rock and that's it and that's all.

By the way, Rock, what do you use to maintain your long hair? I have long hair, too, and I'm tired of being told I need to do something different with it. Folks are just jealous. I'm not loyal to any brands, but I do find myself coming back to Herbal Essences because the shampoo lathers so well.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I enjoy the man's posts. Would buy the gentleman a drink.

Post deleted by fishmongerfunk