I hope Black Sheep's getting paid b/w Hamsterdam!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I just saw that a couple of moments ago. Noticed they had on the mp3 player they showed "A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing" Pic. I'm sure they are...I hope they are!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn man.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I saw this earlier tonight tonight on mute.

I *do* hope they're getting good money for this, cuz seeing rodents move like that made me kinda nauseous.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    wow, they could have at least edited the track properly

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    wow, they could have at least edited the track properly

Yeah, the editing was indeed shitty! I made cleaner edits back when I made pause-button mixes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    hamsters engaging in minstrelsy. smh...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Hamsters exist for our entertainment.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    coincidentally, Black Sheep are doing dates and playing Amsterdam in June - without mr Lawnge tho

anyway im feeling some of the new dres material

throwback 90's flav ftw, bring the hate, crumbs

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have always been a big fan of the dres solo stuff, but i also liked non fiction better than AWISC

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    KIA SOUL IS THE NEW scion

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    is that hamster in a boutique record store?

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    "Hi, it's my best friend's birthday, can you play that hamster song?"

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    that $hit was fukin terrifying...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    that commercial is awesome!!!!!

is sweet linda devine gonna get some residuals??

that dres cut is nice!! i missed it completely

, but i also liked non fiction better than AWISC

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    commercial creeped me the fuck out.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    , but i also liked non fiction better than AWISC

I definitely wouldn't go that far, but it's a pretty good record in its own right-- unfairly hatted on.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "Hi, it's my best friend's birthday, can you play that hamster song?"

that made me laugh. So true! I will quote this...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    What a bizarre ad.

No idea whether car ad budgets have shrunk along with everything else nowadays, but there might still be a nice chunk of corn in it for Dres & Lawnge. IIRC, though, most of the publishing was eaten by the samples.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Yeah thats why the kept comparing the Soul to a toaster and a box. They want to dig in Scions pockets for the young hip urban DJ crowd. Kia will now start releasing Dam Funk mixtapes.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    from the Sydney Morning Herald site...

"Kia ad uses rapping hamsters

Odd new marketing campaign for the Gen Y focused Kia Soul is a real puzzler

In the automotive world, there have been many strange advertising campaigns over the years.

But Kia?s latest offering for its youth-targeted Soul small car could well take the cake. The music video style campaign is officially titled ?This or That?, and features hamsters rapping to the tune of ?The Choice is Yours? by ?90s hip-hoppers, Black Sheep.

The ad shows the hamsters dissing the Soul?s boxy car competitors, which are represented by toasters, washing machines and cardboard boxes, while rapping the title song's lyrics, "You can get with this, or you can get with that."

The ad is anything but run-of-the-mill, but this is not the first time that Kia has used the small rodents in advertising its boxy-looking Soul.

Kia won Nielsen's Automotive Ad of the Year a few years ago when the hamsters made their online debut while cruising in a red Kia Soul, with hip-hop tunes blasting from their iPod connected stereo.

Kia?s vice president of marketing, Michael Sprague, says that bringing back the hamsters was a no-brainer.

"We know the Soul target audience is digitally savvy and that they viewed the first commercial multiple times online, so the newest experience is rich with details in the hamster world and integrated Soul content for them to discover during repeat viewings," Sprague says.

In the original ad, the hamsters weren?t dressed up in the gangsta-style clothes they wear in the new ad.

But if you like the look of the threads the hamsters are wearing (yes, that does sound weird), you can get your very own Hamstar branded clothing, as its due to be available for purchase by fans online shortly.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Yeah thats why the kept comparing the Soul to a toaster and a box. They want to dig in Scions pockets for the young hip urban DJ crowd. Kia will now start releasing Dam Funk mixtapes.
    Is Dam Funk the new whipping boy for a desperate tool in need of an ironic hip joke? Just asking.