FALSE RASTA!!! (post pon di struta)

2»

Comments

• Polly (Lily Cole) could definitely get the di-dick.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Locks were around before Rastas appropriated them.

Yes they were. Locks go back further than any recorded history. The Rasta began growing their hair as a sign of rebellion and non-conformity. This was in the 1930's Jamaica and Ethiopia with Haile Salassie I.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    alborosie gets love in jamaica and from reggae fans in general.

• , was one of the first white reggae artists to perform there

no, not really
    (robertpalmerblueriddimbanddominikwillieonebloodsnowtoomanyothersiwannaforget)
    maybe the first german, from cologne

Perhaps I misunderstood - are you actually calling Robert Palmer a 'reggae artist'?

T- you have no love for Palmer's Perry produced "love can run faster"?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

T- you have no love for Palmer's Perry produced "love can run faster"?

Most of Palmer's solo stuff from the 70's had hints of Reggae in it. I regularly go through his albums when I working on beats. He had some fire, IMO.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    alborosie gets love in jamaica and from reggae fans in general.

i was going to say that. he gets big upped by ram jam too. or does rodigan fall into the selector category of this list? if he had hair would it be dreaded? probably not.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I used to vaguely know this guy:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

anyone who has any knowledge of judaism knows a guy claiming to be Hasidic, making music videos is mad

Thou Shalt Not Make Graven Images

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I used to vaguely know this guy:

after watching this i feel th compulsion to wash myself. I almost can smell the patchouli.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Buckle up, strutteurs. The next to clips will be hard to beat, especially if you can understand german. But I'm not even sure if the native krauts who are posting here can understand him.

Check dude at 1.20 min.:

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I believe the introduction of locks to jamaican came from indian shivite dock workers. If you look at traditions of sadhus and the rastas in the bush they are very similar and dreads have a long history in india. The rastas could validate their locks with christian text (essential) : All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head. Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long.- Numbers 6:5

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    He's gotta be the most boring performer EVER!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    He's gotta be the most boring performer EVER!!

you just aren't feeling the WIBEZ man

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I believe the introduction of locks to jamaican came from indian shivite dock workers. If you look at traditions of sadhus and the rastas in the bush they are very similar and dreads have a long history in india. The rastas could validate their locks with christian text (essential) : All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head. Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long.- Numbers 6:5

I think you mean Old Testament, not Christian.