Ebay transaction blocked?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEALED-Private-LP-QU...=item2c54a55f99Just seen this up and tried to buy it now. It wouldn't let me and said the transaction is blocked. Then when I renewed the screen it said Auction ended with buy it now. This has never happened to me and was odd. I wonder if perhaps someone was purchasing at the exact same time as me? Has this ever happened to anyone here.

Comments

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SEALED-Private-LP-QU...=item2c54a55f99

Just seen this up and tried to buy it now. It wouldn't let me and said the transaction is blocked. Then when I renewed the screen it said Auction ended with buy it now. This has never happened to me and was odd. I wonder if perhaps someone was purchasing at the exact same time as me? Has this ever happened to anyone here.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think it's just a glitch. It showed up as available to purchase for me at first, too. I guess you could try putting in a small bid on something else he's selling just to see if you are totally blocked from bidding.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    I had somebody grab the same b.i.n. as I was trying to but it just redirected me to an item not found/available page... I had to check completed listings for the seller to pull up the item again and even then it didn't show up right away... that was a year or two back though so it could be different now...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude has multiple sealed copies; I'm sure there will be another one up for sale shortly.

Damn, this guy just unloaded THIRTY THREE copies of this LP, sealed.

B: You got lucky, son! (Either that, or your auction compelled this flooding-of-market). Feel bad for your buyer though!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Damn, this guy just unloaded THIRTY THREE copies of this LP, sealed.
    !

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Preme, he's got it listed again. Check it out.

lol! Breez: you read the thread?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

lol! Breez: you read the thread?

LOL, I did now, haha. I know, I'm an idiot.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I have no doubt that dude has grossed at least 15k off that LP alone. I was certainly not the first or only one to cop.

I have no doubt that dude has grossed at least 15k off that LP alone. I was certainly not the first or only one to cop.

Sure but what has compelled this massive selloff? Striking while the iron is hot?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Sure but what has compelled this massive selloff?

Having a box of them and wanting to turn it into cash.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Yo, have you seen this sellers separate web site? There are some nice Latin records up for sale. Some cheap/some not but I see a few under priced items as well. And the Quintessence LP is on there for anyone that still doesn't have this.

Sure but what has compelled this massive selloff?

Having a box of them and wanting to turn it into cash.

He already HAD a box. That's what Spelunk was saying. But wasn't selling off 33 copies in less than 5 days back whenever Spelunk bought his copy. Clearly, he chose RIGHT NOW to liquidate a shit load of copies. That's what I was asking - was it merely a reaction to B's sale or just a coincidence?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

MILTON, TO THE NISSAN DEALERSHIP!