Janelle Mon?e.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I heart her. So sexy. That is all.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Is the new album good? I've missed out on a ridiculous amount of stuff this year so far.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just came out today! I started this thread in the parking lot of Best Buy. Only $7.99!

I'm 7 tracks in and definitely feelin' it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I like her.

BATMON recently attempted to deride her as British.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    i would rather listen to the new Kelis album.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Her music isn't bad, but her hair and the fact that she's been wearing the same get-up for a year now kills it for me.

I like her 'cause she stays in her own lane. She's a weird one too with all her android talk.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    She's a weird one too with all her android talk.

she ain't THAT weird. she strikes me as that goth, art student chick who thinks she's blowing everybody's minds with her 'individuality'.

what is her best song?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    pics please

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    the change up at the end of tight rope is really great

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

Just heard this song the other day.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    She's cute. Plus her name is cool.

• neensneens 19 Posts
    She has a great Pre-Android joint on:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm feeling the "Don't stop til you get enough" samples on that one. I knew somebody was gonna do that. ^^^

Outkast sci-fi punk SoulFunk sci fi afrobeat/prog soul/Of Montreal female Andre3000

There's a cloud of buzzwords around this girl right now. I'm not seeing it. I wouldn't put my money into that album, but I'd definitely put it in her. namean

- spidey

• neensneens 19 Posts
    Booty Bass Debarge - Time Will Reveal cover:

.zip
    Tightrope feat. Big Boi (Organized Noize Remix).mp3
    Tightrope feat. Big Boi (Mouche Remix).mp3
    Tightrope feat. Big Boi (Album Version).mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mxkizj4jd2t

Let me know if I was allowed to post that .zip, not familiar on the rules of the board. Thanks.

Let me know if I was allowed to post that .zip, not familiar on the rules of the board. Thanks.

You're good, holmes. We usually don't have any issues with it unless it's somehow related to our circle. Thanks for posting though! Looking forward to hearing the Organized Noize mix.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I heart her. So sexy.

That is all.

Hmm. Thought you only liked curvy girls.

She's like the female version of that guy from Outkast with those outfits, except prettier. I'd love to see her change her look up sometimes.

I heart her. So sexy.

That is all.

Hmm. Thought you only liked curvy girls.

You got me all wrong, Almond! I like 'em all shapes, sizes and colors! As long as I find 'em cute!

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    I wouldn't put my money into that album, but I'd definitely put it in her. namean

- spidey

C.O.R.N.Y.

-fishy

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I loved her cover of Letting Go on Got Purp and thought her EP had some decent tracks so will definitely be checking this out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    doo-doo

• picked it up yesterday. haven't listened yet.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i've been a fan of JM for the past few years, and couldn't really put my finger on her. saw her perform (finally) last night. she really puts on a great show. i don't really care about her image. she's got a great voice and puts out some good tunes.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    doo-doo

Trippin.

I remember playing "Letting Go" at almost every gig for a minute. That song was a sureshot.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    doo-doo

Trippin.

I remember playing "Letting Go" at almost every gig for a minute. That song was a sureshot.

Take this bs to the American Idol thread.

Is she like the 3rd Blues Brother now?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I thought the third Blues Brother was Cab Calloway?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Trippin.

Is she like the 3rd Blues Brother now?

I just saw this on the Late Show last night, haveing not heard of her previously... I was definitely feeling this cut.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I really like her album and I didn't think I would. Heard Tightrope, really liked it but thought her album might disappoint and be full of those kinds of tracks. Then it turned out surprisingly diverse and has some very interesting twists in there. For instance there are a few moments where she goes into 70s folk territory. The arrangements are also very nice throughout the album.

Hope she gets big.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    the change up at the end of tight rope is really great

you mean that breakdown at 3:19?

so JB.

have caught her twice in the last year, both times were great, both were before i had heard any of her recordings. not sure if you can tell in those videos, but she's *tiny* in person. great energy live though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Who would win in a drama-club-off between Janelle Monae and Nicki Minaj?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Who would win in a drama-club-off between Janelle Monae and Nicki Minaj?

lmho
    Depends - Victor/Victoria or My Fair Lady?