The new Reflection Eternal album

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Talib sounds much improved on this, but I'm underwhelmed by the production. Like, a lot

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Talib sounds much improved on this

b/w

A few weeks ago I pulled out the Black Star album and marveled at how I ever thought this dude was at all nice.

"I'm the rapper these Spice Girl MCs wanna be!"

I gotta say I was too nice about the production, in my poast above.

Some of this shit was gar-bauge.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ALL ABOARD THE GAR-BARGE...

• blaqoutblaqout 11 Posts
    Some of you guys are entirely way too serious.

you know what was too serious?

The new Reflection Eternal album

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    seriously good amirite

Soul Strut's like a gang.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Well which is it?

Are folks too old and serious to appreciate some congealed oatmeal rap or too juvenile and vacuous that they like clownish trap hop?

Spend more time making excuses for the music and less time making excuses for why we should like what you like and hate what you hate.

It is an army, better yet a navy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    blaqout = blatant batmon alias

hahaa......nah.....

The first Rejection Eternal is a very good album, but not some Chronic shit.

Come on fellas seriously?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Dude, I think most of us on SS, aside from Faux, were hoping for a good follow-up album from RE. I've always liked Hi-Tek's early production...seems like he went downhill though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Dude, I think most of us on SS, aside from Faux, were hoping for a good follow-up album from RE. I've always liked Hi-Tek's early production...seems like he went downhill though.

I was hoping they wouldnt try to make a "follow up" TEN YEARS LATER.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

What part of ETERNAL aren't you getting?

• "I'm the rapper these Spice Girl MCs wanna be!"

i always found the line "blunts is still fifty cents, it's intense" insufferable.

i cant stand kweli, never could, but for some reason i like the giant verse of hip hop cliche's he spits over raw shit - i cant even offer up a reasonable explanation why.

Well which is it?

Are folks too old and serious to appreciate some congealed oatmeal rap or too juvenile and vacuous that they like clownish trap hop?

Spend more time making excuses for the music and less time making excuses for why we should like what you like and hate what you hate.

Alright look, I use a lot of sarcasm when I post, all in good fun of course. Please don't be one of those overly serious type old school heads that act like they can grill everybody over everything, and can't take a joke. Go outside and breath.

What part of ETERNAL aren't you getting?

^^ win

Well which is it?

Alright look, I use a lot of sarcasm when I post, all in good fun of course. Please don't be one of those overly serious type old school heads that act like they can grill everybody over everything, and can't take a joke. Go outside and breath.

lol and again,

Get over yourself - you're just another in a long line of sarcastic-but-in-good-fun-of-course types.

The best was when you called me an old school head.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

It is an army, better yet a navy.

Dudes in the Navy are better dressed.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    "I'm the rapper these Spice Girl MCs wanna be!"

i always found the line "blunts is still fifty cents, it's intense" insufferable.

the most painful line for me was "keepin it real will make you casualty of abnormal normality".

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    i hope to never listen to this, i really like the original RE album & don't need an update.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    lol and again,

Get over yourself - you're just another in a long line of sarcastic-but-in-good-fun-of-course types.

Bassie you've never struck me as the cynical type. I always thought that was faux's field of purview.

I will forever and always be a fan of The Blast.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    ALL ABOARD THE GAR-BARGE...

This entire thread has me LMAO

lol and again,

Bassie you've never struck me as the cynical type. I always thought that was faux's field of purview.

I will forever and always be a fan of The Blast.

I, too, love The Blast.

I got rap-hate fatigue.
    It's as tiring as babies who aren't really crying but just bitching for attention.
    Find what you love and love it. Leave the rest alone.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Pitchfork -- 7.5 -- just tore of a page from Peter Travers' notebook. The exclamation point is my addition:

(C)onscious yet unpretentious lyricism delivered with acrobatic dexterity over on-point, no-gimmick beats!

Pitchfork -- 7.5 -- just tore of a page from Peter Travers' notebook. The exclamation point is my addition:

(C)onscious yet unpretentious lyricism delivered with acrobatic dexterity over on-point, no-gimmick beats!

toying with meter in a way that would leave other MCs tripping over their own tongues