Paulo Moura "Fibra"

SoundclashSoundclash 77 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I recently found a copy of this great album in Japan. It does look like a vintage pressing but its not the gatefold issue that I have seen before. Same issue number but comes in a simple jacket. It doesnt look like a bootleg or recent repress... Are you aware of any later pressing of this album??Cheers!

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Strange... I'm pretty sure it was only pressed once BITD in Brasil.

• I know of a mid 90s identical repress w/o the gatefold sleeve, but i don't know where it was pressed and if it was legit or not (i'd guess not). Sounds to me like that's what you got - how much did it set you back?

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    This single sleeve copy is a bootleg reissue done by a Russian guy called Gernardy who has lived in Rio since the late 70s, early 80s.

He's a classically trained musician who found out about the high prices paid for Brazilian stuff in Europe and Japan back in the early 90s. He started bringing stuff over to Paris and London to sell, and then got in to bootlegging stuff in London like Azymuth (Som Livre), Trio Mocoto (RGE) and various other stuff. Proper malandro geezer....

This single sleeve copy is a bootleg reissue done by a Russian guy called Gernardy who has lived in Rio since the late 70s, early 80s.

He's a classically trained musician who found out about the high prices paid for Brazilian stuff in Europe and Japan back in the early 90s. He started bringing stuff over to Paris and London to sell, and then got in to bootlegging stuff in London like Azymuth (Som Livre), Trio Mocoto (RGE) and various other stuff. Proper malandro geezer....

This is the dude that did all those shitty boots?

One of the Tim Maia Polydor ones is the wrong record.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah those bootlegs are a total wreck. Is he also responsible for the Marcos Valle bootlegs that were coming out of the UK?

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Yeah those bootlegs are a total wreck. Is he also responsible for the Marcos Valle bootlegs that were coming out of the UK?

I think he was also responsible for the Marcos Valle, seem to remember a Orlandivo (70s Copacabana) boot as well. He did a fair view, including some bossa albums as well. Most of them were badly pressed, but this is pre ebay days and people were desperate for the records (originals were changing hands for big bucks).

• the Marcos Valle bootlegs
    Just as an aside - i saw this auction today for one of those bootlegs. What the hell is possessing people to pay that much for a boot!? That's just one of the many crazy auctions recently...

the Marcos Valle bootlegs
    Just as an aside - i saw
    this auction today for one of those bootlegs. What the hell is possessing people to pay that much for a boot!? That's just one of the many crazy auctions recently...

That's ridiculous. As I recall that boot (like many in that series) is just a straight burn of a marginal condition OG.