Is this something special??? PLEASE HELP!!!

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I was at a thrift store near College Park Maryland and found a blank, white, pasted back cover. Inside was a record with a blank dark red label, no writing, no matrix number what so ever. The only thing on the whole record was a "7A" & "7B" scratched in the dead wax area on both sides. When I got home and peeped it, it's a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young record. It sounds like songs from a concert but then again everything they did sounded like that, IMO. Here is audio of the A-Side. Tracks 3-4 ran together when I was transferring them. The pics really don't do any justice. Can anyone please tell me if this is just a bootleg or is it something I should be excited about. Thanks in advance!!A1 A2A3&4A5

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's just a boot.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Maybe a $40 / $50 record?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I figured it probably was. Do you know is it just random songs or is it an actual album??

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Maybe a $40 / $50 record?

I'm trying to figure out now if it's even sellable.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    It's the bootleg "Bluebird Live" (Dittolino Discs)...not sure the value but pretty sure this came with some kind of art for the cover.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    CSN&Y are diligent on VeRo on ebay.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    So, is it worth throwing on ebay??

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    CSN&Y are diligent on VeRo on ebay.

Extremely.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I did a light Google search, but it didn't yield much information. I'm sure enough Strutters will chime in about whether it's worth the electricity required to put it up on eBay. Sometimes the obscure stuff makes me wonder if it's raer because no one cares. Either that or it's worth some actual green.

http://www.recordsbymail.com/artistPage....+NASH+%26+YOUNG
    I saw what seems to be the same record (according to Mike Zero's comment about Dittolino Discs) on the above website. It's listed as "out of stock" but if you're really curious, email the guy/gal and ask him what his/her price point would be if he/she was to stock it again.

I checked popsike.com and saw two CSN&Y bootlegs. They were in the $40 ish range, but they also had cover art and whatnot.

What do I know...just wait for someone else to chime in.

PS That first sample sounds good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    there are a million CSNY bootlegs so the value is low,
    and as already stated twice, they get pulled on eBay in minutes.
    trade it to a local store for $5 credit.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Thanks for all the info strutters. I might just hold on to it. After peeping the whole thing it really is a pretty good listen and it was only $1.