Soul Runners, anyone?

ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I know that Soul Runners later became Watts 103rd St. Rhythm Band.. I stumbled upon a 45 of theirs titled Chitlin' Salad Pt. 1/Pt. 2 whilst diggin' at a flea market. I saw a curious red labeled 45 with the words Mo Soul printed on the label. When I dropped the needle I heard some of the sweetest and sleaziest (in a good way) laid back soul instrumentals... This shit sounds like it should've been on the Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown soundtrack..I'm going to put together a mix of all the Soul Runners 45s once I can find all of them. I did an ebay dig and dug up 3 more of their other Mo Soul releases..No more than $2 or $3... If you've already got some Soul Runners 45s I hope you all enjoy them! If you don't, the dig is worth it!Can someone help me with a discography of the Soul Runners 45s? So far, I've got:Soul Runners- Last Date/Charley Mo Soul 5013Soul Runners- Green Thumb Pt. 1/Pt. 2 Patches 101Soul Runners- Grits 'n Corn Bread/Spreadin' Honey Mo Soul 101Soul Runners- Chitlin' Salad Pt. 1/Pt. 2 Mo Soul ???If anyone has some other Soul Runner or Mo Soul related releases please PM me.. We can work something out..

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Soul Runners- Green Thumb Pt. 1/Pt. 2 Patches 101

My "Green Thumb" is only a one parter with "What Can I Say" on the B

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    My mistake.. Green Thumb's b-side is What Can I Say..

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Val Shivley's in Philly had a huge stack of "Grits n' Cornbread" last time I was there (2002?).

• At least two of those tracks also showed up on Watts 103rd St Rhythm Band 45s, 'Charley' and 'Spreadin' Honey'

• i always thought the one on patches was a different group. what do i know?

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Soul Runners- Green Thumb Pt. 1/Pt. 2 Patches 101

My "Green Thumb" is only a one parter with "What Can I Say" on the B

Big fan of "What Can I Say". Underrated in my opinion.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i always thought the one on patches was a different group. what do i know?

i've heard/read that someplace else before too (maybe it was from you?). i don't know, i'd be really surprised if it was a different group. same style and everything.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    according to funk45.com, both sides of the Soul Runners single on Patches are written by Pete Wyant, a white studio guitarist (who plays on "Songs of Innocence"!)... so I'm seriously doubting thats the same group myself