Rane TTM 57SL vs Pioneer DJM800.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
What do you recommend and why? Pros? Cons? Leads on a great deal?Please and thank you.

Comments

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    if your into your scratchin id definitely go with the rane

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    rane.

i considered a pioneer, but i don't really like the curve of the crossfader, and the fact they just "feel" fragile and not durable. most of the joints that i've played on in different venues that happen to be outfit with this type of mixer have all pretty much had problems - broken fader knobs, stuck buttons, etc. i like the 4 channels, but i'm not really doing anything with the extra channels that i couldn't do with an aux input, or switch lines. plus another two channels add to all the overload that's going on at the face of the mixer - cue buttons for each channel, all the knobs to the right and to the left of the center. one of my BIGGEST gripes with the mixer is that the headphone jack is on the top / faceplate near your crossfader and not out of the way, under the faceplate lip, parallel with your body. it's just another thing that really adds to the clutter of a good piece of equipment.

the new version of microwave allow you to run effects (delay, reverb, etc.), which to me was the coolest thing about the pioneer, features wise.

i'm very satisfied with my rane 57. it's simple, durable and has the features that i need for my type of DJing (hip-hop / somewhat-hip-hop-mixing-style applied to other genres).

i would suggest to spending some time test-driving the both of them if you have the ability to. you might find that you don't need all the bells and whistles.