L O S T

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Oh well.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah man.

• Nothing really happened that we didn't already know... and that mother character, yikes. Terrible.

Was that last scene with Kate and Jack a flashback that I don't remember or something?

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    Nothing really happened that we didn't already know... and that mother character, yikes. Terrible.

Was that last scene with Kate and Jack a flashback that I don't remember or something?

Yeah, flashback to the first season.

People have been wondering who the two bodies were and the leading theory had been Rose and Bernard. Now we know.

And this tell us...?

Last night's episode was trying to pass as exposition but in essence, told us very little (as per normal). To me, this season had been moving towards some kind of end but it's really lost momentum the last few weeks because of the week off and last night's episode.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    it was kind of ehhh, but I thought it was interesting that they were brothers. It also explained how he came to have the smoke monster powers. That also kind of explains why he can't leave the island, because basically he zapped up all that light. If the light leaves then the "little bit of light in every man" will fade. Ha ha.

I still have no idea if man in black is bad or good. Jacob seems like a total herb now. Man in black seems like he's not so bad. He just wants to spread his wings and explore.

It's hard to believe they'll wrap it all up in just the 3 hours left.

Flashback...woah. Kate had a lot of makeup on and Jack, put your shirt on.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    People have been wondering who the two bodies were and the leading theory had been Rose and Bernard. Now we know.

I was pretty relieved that the Adam and Eve corpses weren't time-travelers. I guess I care that they're nameless mother and nameless brother, but I'd really like to know if they'll be able to manufacture some significance to the fact that they were found by Jack in season 1. I suppose he might find out who they were and it will be a revelation that leads to him being the new Jacob.

I don't think last night's episode would appeal to anyone outside the show's hardcore fans.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Really disappointed by that episode, find it hard to understand how they are going to wrap it all up in 3 more hours... there will be a lot more questions left unanswered....

I was pretty relieved that the Adam and Eve corpses weren't time-travelers. I guess I care that they're nameless mother and nameless brother, but I'd really like to know if they'll be able to manufacture some significance to the fact that they were found by Jack in season 1. I suppose he might find out who they were and it will be a revelation that leads to him being the new Jacob.

I don't think last night's episode would appeal to anyone outside the show's hardcore fans.

Wait, does anyone besides hardcore fans even watch the show?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Wait, does anyone besides hardcore fans even watch the show?

i tried to get into it like 2 years ago (after 3 seasons or such). some 2-hr medley of episodes kinda had me interested until the island disappeared in a black hole (or whatever) and i realized this schitt was too far out for me.

ever since then i always figured that watching a new episode would be like starting an Isaac Asimov novel in the middle. confusing as fuck and inevitably not interesting enough.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I liked the episode on the second viewing, was ehh during the first. I think it adds an interesting context or thread to everything that has happened.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Jacob seems like a total herb now.

Agreed. I didn't realize he was such a whiner.

Interesting episode.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

I LOL

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ... and that mother character, yikes. Terrible.

Allison Janney b! Character might have sucked -- but she's dope!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Great ep.

DOR, those images of Desmond smirking before he hit Locke cracked me the fuck up.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    As an "oh shit we're almost at the end of it all and we haven't dealt with everything" flashback episode I thought it had a purpose it's just we've already had a whole one about Ricardo and I just don't care enough about that to want to see a whole episode wasted on it so close to the end.

After all, three of the first episode and onwards characters died in the episode before it, this is what I want to see about.

I thought it was overly mawkish, way too fantasy geeky for my tastes and felt entirely constructed to tick off boxes.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    As an "oh shit we're almost at the end of it all and we haven't dealt with everything" flashback episode I thought it had a purpose it's just we've already had a whole one about Ricardo and I just don't care enough about that to want to see a whole episode wasted on it so close to the end.

After all, three of the first episode and onwards characters died in the episode before it, this is what I want to see about.

I thought it was overly mawkish, way too fantasy geeky for my tastes and felt entirely constructed to tick off boxes.

That's the opinion on one side of the spectrum. I'm on the opposite end.

I have avatars turned off so I don't know if you're rocking Chuck E. Cheese right now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    whoa tonight whoa
    FLOCKE just upped the ante
    Widmore? whoops
    Ben is evil
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

That's the opinion on one side of the spectrum. I'm on the opposite end.

I have avatars turned off so I don't know if you're rocking Chuck E. Cheese right now.

Ah actually had to look up what you were referring to - went right over my head. It's fair enough that everything that happens now is going to split viewers, we're so close to the end (I haven't seen last night's episode yet) that they can't keep everybody happy all the time. It just felt way too much like a spin off episode from a prequel series or the like to me but each to their own.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    next week peopels!

THIS WEEKEND peopels!

(Finale is on Sunday!)

Wife and I went to a local theatre last night where they had a live satellite feed to a Q&A with the creators of Lost by the NY Times. (Pretty geeky stuff.)

They mostly talked about the process of making the show but there were lots of pointed questions from the audience that they had to respond to.

I'm pretty excited about the finale. But be warned...while they definitely plan on delivering answers to key questions, they also said that they're not trying to explain every little curiosity about the show. They suggested that the bit a couple of weeks back where the crazy mother of Jacob and MIB says that sometimes asking questions just leads to more questions was directed at the audience! (Also, see the awesome back and forth between Miles and Hugo about the futility of trying to explain time travel paradoxes from a previous season.)

Ben and Hugo dudes showed up to anwer questions too. Hugo guy seems like a regular guy. Ben guy seems like an intense thesbian (gotta love him, though!).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    the crazy mother of Jacob and MIB says that sometimes asking questions just leads to more questions was directed at the audience

Well, on the strength of this, I'm now expecting the finale to be the biggest cop-out in the entire history of TV drama. It's not that, as a viewer, I demand or feel entitled to an answer to every last question, but the closer we get to the conclusion, the more I'm beginning to feel the creators have may led the audience down a lot of blind alleys for no other reason than because they'd committed to providing x amount of hours' TV.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    intense thesbian

the crazy mother of Jacob and MIB says that sometimes asking questions just leads to more questions was directed at the audience

Well, on the strength of this, I'm now expecting the finale to be the biggest cop-out in the entire history of TV drama.

I can't wait to find out.

Oh yeah, the other interesting thing about the Q&A was when the one creator (the younger one who looks like a skinny David Cross) cited Twin Peaks as the teevee show that got him interested in making teevee. He emphasized that finding out who killed Laura Palmer was secondary to all the other crazy shit going on around the show...I'm not sure if he was trying to link that to the search for answers in Lost.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    Hated it!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    very lame.

lets watch all of our characters hug in the afterlife after not explaining shit about shit. awesome!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is gonna be a divide along the lines of the Sopranos finale.

I for one loved and understood what they were getting at with the final episode and they way the wrapped it up. Word to that. And for crying out loud with the whole "Waaaahhh, they never essplained why Walt could kill birds with his mind" and all that shit. Not everything gets answered and, at least to me, in order for them to tell the story that they wanted to tell they didn't have to unravel the mythology behind the island that's been building for 6-some years.

But yeah, you got to allow a little leeway for ambiguity for the shit about the island that, in the end, doesn't even really matter. It happened. "Whatever happened, happened" on the island and what the ultimate story was about these people, and it came together for these people in their end.

Or am I completely wrong?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Answer: I am not wrong

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    you care that they all came together in the afterlife more than you care about what happened to them during their life? fusk that. major shitting the bed here.