Iron Man 2.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Just finished seeing this. I like the first one better. Way too much technical blahblahblah in this one.*Very minor DJ-related white text spoiler below* [color:white]However, DJ AM had a cameo which made the whole movie for me. Dude's AC/DC-style logo was prominently displayed AND Starks even referred to him as Goldstein! I cheered out loud and got dirty looks but I didn't care one bit. The man deserved it.[/color]

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Which you posted on facebook for all to see homie!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    1 to 10?

How was Cheedle?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Which you posted on facebook for all to see homie!

Ha! I stopped short of cutting and pasting the same update though!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I enjoyed it, but agree it wasn't as good as the first.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Saw it. Thought it was pretty decent.

Scarlett is back in the fantasy file.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    5/10

• snosno 332 Posts
    Just finished seeing this. I like the first one better. Way too much technical blahblahblah in this one.

*Very minor DJ-related white text spoiler below*

[color:white]However, DJ AM had a cameo which made the whole movie for me. Dude's AC/DC-style logo was prominently displayed AND Starks even referred to him as Goldstein! I cheered out loud and got dirty looks but I didn't care one bit. The man deserved it.[/color]

There was a shoutout at the ending credit together with the AC/DC style logo. I was quite shocked to see that cameo actor and I thought...the movie must have shot some time ago.

The post credit coda...is it a teaser of THOR?

The post credit coda...is it a teaser of THOR?

Or The Avengers

• snosno 332 Posts
    Yeah they are definitely milking every marvel character for as long as it takes, well perhaps not so much for the Punisher.

Yeah they are definitely milking every marvel character for as long as it takes, well perhaps not so much for the Punisher.

Well they even remade the Punisher w/ War Zone after the Travolta debacle.

Iron Man is healthy. Hulk Sucks. And I dont wanna see an Avengers Movie w/out a proper Captain America movie. I want a trilogy. (1)WW2/Saving Private Ryan/Inglorious Bastards.
    (2) Found frozen in ice,adjustment to society(60's era), character/Steve Rogers established/ Nazi Sleeper cells/ love story to get it out of the way -maybe a Shield agent.

(3) Full blown superhero flick - Save the day....big villain Red Skull..etc.

then The Avengers.

America needs a well written Captain America flick.

• snosno 332 Posts
    The Punisher franchaise (if there's ever one) is definitely dead beyond reboot/reimagination/re-what-have-you.

Did you see what Tony Stark did to the Captin America shield in Iron Man 2? I hope it's just a wry joke otherwise it'd be damn hard for a Captain American movie to see the light of day.

Then again, they might go the X-men route by having all the character in one movie to build up the steam and then have character-based movie (taht goes without saying that the Wolverine movie sucks)

That said, I'm just happy to see a Nick Fury Flick.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Back to Iron Man 2...For some reason I don't really feel the Rhodes character...one time he act like a snitch and the rest of the time he act like a bitch. Not feeling it at all. Rourke just played the same washed out Wrestler character with electric whip. Sam Rockwell deserves a nomiation of "Best Male Actor in a phoning-in performance". Overall, just another 2 hours in cinema. Nothing to complain, yet nothing to be excited about in Iron Man 2.

The Punisher franchaise (if there's ever one) is definitely dead beyond reboot/reimagination/re-what-have-you.

Did you see what Tony Stark did to the Captin America shield in Iron Man 2? I hope it's just a wry joke otherwise it'd be damn hard for a Captain American movie to see the light of day.

Then again, they might go the X-men route by having all the character in one movie to build up the steam and then have character-based movie (taht goes without saying that the Wolverine movie sucks)

That said, I'm just happy to see a Nick Fury Flick.

There have been 3 Punisher movies. But i wouldnt call it a franchise.

I didnt see 2 yet to comment on the Sheild. In the first one there was a reference to Tony "making" the shield. Whether he created it(Vibranium/Adamantium mix) or created the special polymer paint on the disc that keeps the flag unscathed. Whatever.

I can see the X-Men route where Cap comes out of that, but dude deserves his own flick IMO, w/out being tied to Shield,Nick,Tony,Thor, or Avengers.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

There will be a Captain America movie. If I remember right, the guy who played the Human Torch in the FF movies is gonna play Cap / Steve Rogers.
    From here it's gonna be Thor then Captain America then The Avengers (possibly another Hulk movie somewhere in there too, I forget)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    From here it's gonna be Thor

If you are seeing IM2 in the theater, stick around til a minute into the credits.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Yep. Stick around. Lucky for us in Hong Kong, there's Chinese subtitles saying 'STICK AROUND...TEASER FOR SEQUELS AFTER THE CAST AND CREW!!!!" right around the time AC/DC' "highway to Hell" start to cue up the credits.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    There have been 3 Punisher movies. But i wouldnt call it a franchise.

As an aside, I kinda liked the most recent one, War Zone. It was probably the best way you could adapt the Ennis-style Punisher for the big screen -- make a throwback 80s action flick with the godawful puns & conservative leaning politics, and keep the cartoonishly gory violence from the comic.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    The actor who plays howard stark is going to have a role in the captain america movie too
    Playing howard stark of course

I liked the movie, especially all the phony technical stuff.

• academy award for:

best use of the song pick up the pieces [/b] in a feature film.

sounded glorious in my plush impossibly-loud hyper-dolby movie theater here in taiwan...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Certainly above average for this genre, but not better or worse than the first installment. I want to give Downey some credit, but it seems like he's just being himself. It seemed like Rourke was doing some good acting under that plastic surgery disaster, but it was hard to tell.

They are getting very lazy with these franchise movies. It would be nice to see a fully formed story with a beginning and end. These are more like episodes. Not a very satisfying theater experience.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Scarlett is back in the fantasy file.

U silly for taking her out.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm not sure what in the picture is supposed to be compelling.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I want to give Downey some credit, but it seems like he's just being himself.

With the exception of Chaplin, Downey always seems like he's being himself in his roles. I don't really see much of a range there

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

With the exception of Chaplin, Downey always seems like he's being himself in his roles. I don't really see much of a range there
    thank you!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm not sure what in the picture is supposed to be compelling.

You should rediscover your wang then

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

thank you!

don't care. I've enjoyed most of the movies he's been in: zodiac, iron man 1 & 2, tropic thunder, the soloist, etc

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I dug the movie. Not as much as the first one, but it was totally good and functionally entertaining... most of the lukewarm reviews I've read seem to put this insane weight on plot and dialogue because the first installment seemed to be reach above others in the genre, in that respect... I dunno man I mean if you're seriously like, "you know... I just can't get with this because the plot felt a bit thin" then you have no party

I enjoyed it a lot and may even see it again. But I agree it wasn't as good as the first. Actually it followed almost the same plot line. There's a bad guy at the beginning, then Starks gets all caught up in some science project, and then has a big fight at the end.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dug the movie. Not as much as the first one, but it was totally good and functionally entertaining... most of the lukewarm reviews I've read seem to put this insane weight on plot and dialogue because the first installment seemed to be reach above others in the genre, in that respect... I dunno man I mean if you're seriously like, "you know... I just can't get with this because the plot felt a bit thin" then you have no party

Bingo.

I actually like this one better than the first.

The first one was "more balanced", but that ending was for the birds.

This climax was much better, even though it still wasnt bombastic as should be.

As for Downey Jr. Im beginning to hatt on his take on Tony Stark. Way way too charismatic/mouthy for what im used to reading in the books over the years.

I feel like Bale's Bruce Wayne has a better feel on how to be a reserved Billionaire than Downey's(Favre's take)Stark. Way too much "I love me" shit in the story...IMO. Stark acts like new money vs Bale's Old money take on the Superhero/Dual Identity game.

Its a different steez - yes. Stark is public w/ his, but dude seems like he wants to party all the time. And I never got that from Stark in the books. When he's doing the scientific thang it seems way more revealing than the "I want one of those" type attitude.

Johansssen - i didnt know she had curves like that. They did her up. I cant front.
    I still prefer Paltrow's elegance over that shit though.
    But I was mad geeked to see The Black Widow up in this shit. Widow Sting FTW!

Cheedle did his thang. The War Machine thang was a little suprising. They put a spin on it vs. the traditional story of him gettin a suit.

Drunk Iron Man =

O'Rourke - Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo - cool

The cat who played Justin Hammer almost stole the show.