NYC Hotel Recommendations?

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I'm going to be in NYC from May 18-24th but still not sure on where I should stay. Anyone know a good hotel they could suggest? Even apartment sublets?thanks

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Holiday Inn in Long Island City Queens. Lower rates compared to Manhattan. Two Subway stops from 59th street.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Not a bad idea but I should probably stay in Manhattan or Brooklyn.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Not a bad idea but I should probably stay in Manhattan or Brooklyn.

If money is no issue then yeah.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    get on Travel Zoo's email list - I found a great room for $100+ off the regular price

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    if your willing to go off the island, try this spot out in downtown brooklyn:

http://www.nuhotelbrooklyn.com/home.cfm

i liken it to a poor man's W hotel. Modern styling (read ikea), helpful staff and reasonable price ($180 per night during the week, and they have local rates available too if you can manage that at $150 per). higher rates on weekend i think.

i stayed here for a few days back in March right after i had ankle surgery (5th floor walk up related) and the place worked out well. It's about 3-4 blocks away from pretty much every train you need to get back into Manhattan, and if you're gonna spend time in BKLYN, its a good/safe/easy area to get in and out of.

• east houston hotel is actually pretty decent. less than 200 a night and has clean, serviceable (small) rooms. good location, easy walking distance from whatever.

FYI: I will be bring the legendary 45 box o' trade heet too.

• The ACE hotel has some rooms with turntables, I believe...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    FYI: I will be bring the legendary 45 box o' trade heet too.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    co-sign on http://www.acehotel.com/newyork and I'm pretty sure they have turntables in most rooms. Fwiw, Q-Tip plays there for free every Fri.

This dude looks just like the bum who sleeps behind the 7-11 down the street from my house.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I stayed here last time I was in NYC and totally recommend it:

wwww.podhotel.com

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ace is a good look. Different prices for different levels of ballerdom. For the 2-G.

The best look I can think of is trawling craigslist for temporary sublets. You could be pimping in a $2500/mo apartment somewhere crucial for the price you'd get a closet-sized room for in most hotels.

I'm trying to set things up to just sublet an apartment. I've done that a few times in different cities but never NYC.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Gramercy Park Hotel

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I'm trying to set things up to just sublet an apartment. I've done that a few times in different cities but never NYC.

we did this in november last year when we went across for WFMU, worked out very well, i can get you the details of the guy we used if you like

we did this in november last year when we went across for WFMU, worked out very well, i can get you the details of the guy we used if you like

Yeah man, please. We've not had any luck yet.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i tried reaching out to a girl friend who offered up her apt as a sublet. i hooked up anonymous from here on the board last year when he was in town. i'll hit her up again.

pointman, hit me on email so we can chat a little. she's checking her schedule to see if she can work something out.
    empanamn at gmail dot com

pointman, hit me on email so we can chat a little. she's checking her schedule to see if she can work something out.

Just sent you an email.

Thanks for looking out but I just arranged to sublet someone's apartment a couple blocks from Washington Square Park.

Thank You, SS for the suggestions.

oops, it's empanadamn at gmail dot com

My email bounced back, is that the right one?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    I will be in NY from 29th May and have yet to sort out accomodation so if anyone knows of a rental then please get in touch, thanks

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    2011?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    2011?