Sage Franis is a douche

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central

i just heard a radio interview where he actually said that he doubts any one else would be able to pull of this type of record and that it isnt your usual rap/rock record, dude is straight up delusional. I am not going to try to write off his past contributions to his kind of "music" as not worthy of merit, but the guy literally believes that he is making revolutionary hip hop.

Comments

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    pretty funny that he said that because it might as well be Slug rapping that....same exact flow

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

no way, its never been done, NOONEELSECOULDDOIT

or bus driver, not that i am a big fan, but i remember hearing him do something that sounded much like that about 6-7 years ago

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    His ex producer released Indie Rock Blues 5 years ago.
    Pretty much the exact same idea.

• just listened to the interview....i wish he would just stfu and pass the crackerjack

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    This sounds like Beck.

• While i really dislike his music its hardly threadworthy - "artist exaggerates his albums importance in order to promote it" shock horror. Part of the game, yo.

• Options
    ^^
    cosign

it's a dirty (and risky) old trick.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

i just heard a radio interview where he actually said that he doubts any one else would be able to pull of this type of record and that it isnt your usual rap/rock record, dude is straight up delusional. I am not going to try to write off his past contributions to his kind of "music" as not worthy of merit, but the guy literally believes that he is making revolutionary hip hop.

Uhh, I didn't really pay full attention to that interview, but he just called that song you linked "not the most ambitious song." Not saying anything about the music itself, but I definitely didn't get no ego trip vibe from that interview.

but I definitely didn't get no ego trip vibe from that interview.

not even the part where he said that no one else could do a project like this?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what about his vegetarian freestyle what part of the game is that
    that new kill bill oreily song (although i support its message)is also about 5 years too late

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    sounds like Whitey Ford.

Next.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    wack

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    While in town for the national poetry slam, he beat boxed while I performed a piece at Antone's. After we got off stage he gives me a bear hug. Now I'm ok with the hand shake to shoulder hug. That's ok. Unless your mother just died or you just won the Super Bowl, bear hugs between dudes are not appropriate.

• how long did the 'bear hug' last? under 2 seconds and thats fine i reckon. Maybe you guys had an on-stage 'connection' and you didn't realise. hahaha.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    don't see what's wrong with hugging another guy

but the "hugging another guy that you don't know well enough to be hugging" rule remains intact

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    While in town for the national poetry slam, he beat boxed while I performed a piece at Antone's. After we got off stage he gives me a bear hug. Now I'm ok with the hand shake to shoulder hug. That's ok. Unless your mother just died or you just won the Super Bowl, bear hugs between dudes are not appropriate.

And if your dead mother just won the superbowl, BEAR HUGS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    blech. rock/rap hybrids always make me wretch, as does sage francis anyway.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Douche is a Sage Francis.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Is that sage as

or

sage is a weird herb: all mothball smelling and funky on the shelf, but in a stuffing for your turkey or chicken, its great.

fuckin sage, how does that work?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Diviner's Sage

i worked in a bar with a young guy who played sage francis.

i fired him.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    White rapers have been pissing off white people since Vanilla Ice.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    White rapers

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    White rapers