Adidas to buy Reebok for $3.8 bln

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany's sporting goods maker Adidas-Salomon has agreed to buy U.S. rival Reebok for $3.8 billion, closing the gap on Nike and promising a profit jump by expanding in the United States and entering new markets.The world's second- and third-biggest sports goods companies said on Wednesday Adidas would buy the outstanding shares of Reebok for $59 per share in cash, a 34 percent premium to Reebok's closing share price on Tuesday.Sayin!Will Addidas keep making the 'Classics'?

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Will Addidas keep making the 'Classics'?
    you mean the only good looking Reebok? evar.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this is either a genius idea, or a horrible marketing plan that will allow nike to entirely dominate the shoe market...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Haha, some may disagree... I got a pair of reeboks right now that're not classics but are damn classy.

Also gotta wonder about: G-unit sneakers & Ice Creams by Pharrell (are these still in production even?)

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Haha, some may disagree... I got a pair of reeboks right now that're not classics but are damn classy.

I didn't know anybody wore Reeboks anymore. Not literally, but it seems they fell off since their popularity heyday back in the late 80's/early 90's.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMIXXXXXXXXXX

My Reedidas or Adidok!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

I didn't know anybody wore Reeboks anymore. Not literally, but it seems they fell off since their popularity heyday back in the late 80's/early 90's.
    i think the further they moved away from the union jack the worse they got.
    Weebok's was always a funny name

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    well, yeah, they're hot. something i can definitely see my self rocking but i just can't fuck with these...

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Personally I think Reebok is wack especially the G-Unit joints that are straight bites off of the Adidas Rod Lavers.

The new ones are also a straight bite of the Jordan IV

Step your game up Reebok you will forever lurk in the Nike shadow...

Nike brings the heat

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    reebok has some decent joints...

i rocked these all last year...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Personally I think Reebok is wack especially the G-Unit joints that are straight bites off of the Adidas Rod Lavers.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Those look like old man Rockports.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Ice Creams by Pharrell (are these still in production even?)

I'm pretty sure that the Ice Creams were deep sixed... I think I read it somewhere, but I forget all the details. I guess I'm just old but MAN those things looked horrible!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Ice Creams by Pharrell (are these still in production even?)

I'm pretty sure that the Ice Creams were deep sixed... I think I read it somewhere, but I forget all the details. I guess I'm just old but MAN those things looked horrible!

pharrell severed ties with reebok over the production of his clothing line along side the icecreams, over money and rights issues.

the kicks were only made in limited amounts (200 of each style i think) and are still available if you can find them, but i know the bootleggers dont even have icecreams up anymore...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Drew knows what's up... head's just ain't ready!!

Phill, age has nothing to do with it, those Icecream??? shoes were just plain ugly.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

They come with leg braces?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

ZING!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

lol, no just a speech impediment...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Phill, age has nothing to do with it, those Icecream??? shoes were just plain ugly.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts

cmon everyone still loves reebok pumps RIGHT

I got a pair of these for ??20 so I think they are kinda cool they look a bit shabby in the pic though

I hate all Reeboks, I think they all suck, the logo is crap and the shoes are ugly. That said, I've acually owned ONE pair of Reeboks my whole life. They were these running shoes, I think they were called the Ultralites or some shit, they were all gray with white accents and they were dope as fuck. They were advertised as like the lightest running shoe ever...shits were like $130 back in 1996. They came in that gray that i had and this HORRIBLE fluorescent orange with white trim. ew. To this day I still can't find a pic of them though...lame.

I just remembered, they were the DMX ultralite

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    When I think of Reebok...........

Oh I'm late for jazzercise class......

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hate all Reeboks, I think they all suck, the logo is crap and the shoes are ugly.
    cosign