Weekend Finds

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
went to a local international community radio station sale this morning, we got there around 20 minutes after it started and the dealers had wangled their way in a little earlier and bought in bulk, but i still managed to find quite a few interesting pieces all at a buck a pop.

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Not bad. All look pretty interesting. I'm sure it's some heat there!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The chick with babies heads for boobs is freakin' me out!

• Love Unlimited - My Musical Bouquet (Venezuela)
    The Warm World of Jack Sheldon (promo)
    Charlie McCoy
    Maranatha! 2
    Bruno Lomas (Venezuela)
    Joan Baez - Blessed Are
    Emotions - Rejoice (w/ Dorothy Ashby)
    Ben Bonus - Israel Today (Venezuela)
    It's Time to Pray, America!
    Jose Luis - El Puma (Venezuela)
    This is Dynagroove
    Quinteto Contrapunto (Venezuela mono)

Antonio Aguilar - Vol.4 (Mexico)
    Mayra Marti - Vuelve (Venezuela)
    Tommy Woods - Let my Light Shine
    Jean-Pierre Rampal - Art of the Flute Trio
    Anne Murray - Love Song (Canada)
    Mireille Mathieu
    How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (Sealed)
    Mireille Mathieu - En Direct de Olympia (Canada)
    Laurindo Almeida - Guitar from Ipanema
    The Ray Charles Singers - What the World Needs now is LOVE!
    Deodato 2
    Liszt - 6 Hungarian Rhapsodies

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Love Unlimited - My Musical Bouquet (Venezuela)
    The Warm World of Jack Sheldon (promo)
    Charlie McCoy
    Maranatha! 2
    Bruno Lomas (Venezuela)
    Joan Baez - Blessed Are
    Emotions - Rejoice (w/ Dorothy Ashby)
    Ben Bonus - Israel Today (Venezuela)
    It's Time to Pray, America!
    Jose Luis - El Puma (Venezuela)
    This is Dynagroove
    Quinteto Contrapunto (Venezuela mono)

Jose Luis - "El Puma" has a lot of dope loops on it and the Joan Baez has a good drum break on "Put your hand in the hand". Good finds!

• DL I see you are on the come up. I toast you on your success in tha game.

I have that Tiit Paulus record. Its good acoustic guitar jazz, I think with some other instruments. I think it also has some big names from estonian jazz on it, maybe uno naissoo. My memory is fuzzy other than it is good, I'll have to pull it out tomorrow.

I'm peeping your melodiya record findz I see apelsin, (melodiya?) ensemble (play dance songs?), Vitamin, and something in a generic sleeve. Any others? I'd like to hear your reviews when you get down to it.

• I also have that polish orange record with the girl on it. It is a one tracker, with a moody groove on the last track of side 2, I believe.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Some of todays flea market finds. Everything was for the most part 50 cents a piece.

• Breez, good find on that Midnight Movers. I have some of their 45s and their other LP, so I bet that one is good.

bernie worrel might be promising

Revolution of the mind is of course a must have for any discerning funk fan. I would be suprised if you did not already have a copy.

I have getting straight. i forget if there is anything to listen to on it, aside from pigs go home. a lot of dialouge, i remember on it.

Two Gentlemen of verona doesnt have anything on it from what i remember, but i cant blame you for checking it out.

ive found that camilo sesto before i dont think there was anything on it.

im suspicious of that andrae crouch, ive gotten burned on his records before.

is anything on that jacques brel or that german thing? i would not have the balls to buy those

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Breez, good find on that Midnight Movers. I have some of their 45s and their other LP, so I bet that one is good.

Yes, it's loaded!! I can finally scratch this one off the list.

bernie worrel might be promising
    It's pretty decent. I've seen it go for a few bucks in the past, I can flip if I need to.

Revolution of the mind is of course a must have for any discerning funk fan. I would be suprised if you did not already have a copy.

This is like my 10th copy of this joint but it was clean and the price was right.

Two Gentlemen of verona doesnt have anything on it from what i remember, but i cant blame you for checking it out.

This is my 2nd copy of this. It has a real nice drum break on it. I'm always looking for the copy of "Two Gentlemen of Verona" with the picture of Galt at the piano on it.

ive found that camilo sesto before i dont think there was anything on it.

This joint blew me away, SO MANY RZA TYPE LOOPS!!

im suspicious of that andrae crouch, ive gotten burned on his records before.

is anything on that jacques brel or that german thing? i would not have the balls to buy those

All 3 of were really not to good. Andrae Crouch is always a toss up and the Brel is a sound track. The German one with the chick is just GOD AWFUL. But, you take the good with the bad. Getting these turds lead up to me finding the Bernie Worrel & the Midnight Movers. And the "Getting Straight" is a 2nd copy for me. I like cuttin that drum break up.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    happy to get into a pretty solid, reasonably priced & clean jazz collection, lots of original pressings which I bought & lots of 70s represses which I was able to leave behind. Hopefully there will be more to come that I can pick the eyes out of. Jimmy Heap is a cool rockabilly side, original NZ press Ernie K-Doe is cool.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    The intro to that Jimmy McGriff title track is such a face melter.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I was walking around one of my usual flea market stops, with no vinyl luck, and I ran into a dude I know that is getting into record dealing. So to make a long story short, I had $20 and he had these in his trunk.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    DL I see you are on the come up. I toast you on your success in tha game.

I have that Tiit Paulus record. Its good acoustic guitar jazz, I think with some other instruments. I think it also has some big names from estonian jazz on it, maybe uno naissoo. My memory is fuzzy other than it is good, I'll have to pull it out tomorrow.

I'm peeping your melodiya record findz I see apelsin, (melodiya?) ensemble (play dance songs?), Vitamin, and something in a generic sleeve. Any others? I'd like to hear your reviews when you get down to it.

thanks, havent had a lot of time to listen, but so far the Le Orme felona e sorona is by far one of the better records, i also got a France Gall with the Jazz A Go Go (and a few other cool tracks) that I am really attached to, will try to finish listening today/tomorrow, i think i might flip this one though

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    i think i might flip this one though

Very famous band from Denmark. They had their moments:

If you like awesome Scandinavian stoner-rock that is.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    By far the best pull outta this hood in a long while:Raer german jazz pieces don't make the rounds in Ontario...

Props to my bud Wyatt for the find, luckily he sent it my way.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few random thrift store finds from today. The only one I'm not familiar with is the center one,"Soul to Soul DJ's Choice". I'll report back after I peep it.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Los Angeles did me well!!!!

This one was sealed...

And for the grand total of 7 bucks, a nice clean copy of this, still in the shrink!!:

For those not in the know about this -- peep.
    http://www.junkyardclubhouse.com/2007/03...pearly-trumpet/