NAS&DamianMarley (yay/nay?)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    BIG Yay for using that Mulatuh of Ethiopia Sample!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    That song's not bad. I liked "Africa Must Wake Up"-- Damian Marley impressed me on that one. But now I'm listening to the song with Joss Stone and Lil Wayne, and Nas says: "I reach em like Bono ... get wealthy like Wells Fargo." SMH.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I do not need to listen to any of the music to give it a resounding NAY.

So corny.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    one of the best commercial hip hop releases i have heard for quite a while (granted i dont listen to many commercial releases) great dance floor track, (although the chorus reeks of euro man cheese), i like the verse trading and variance in bars that they do.
    it is what it is, so i say yay!

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Mulatu! It bumps.

• blaqoutblaqout 11 Posts
    Everything I've heard goes! Absolute Yay!

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    this track has been on whitelabel.net for a minute. i like it.

• I do not need to listen to any of the music to give it a resounding NAY.

So corny.

Their remake of your boy Dennis Emmanuel Brown's "Promised Land" would surely send you into a rage.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    HOT DAMN, THAT'S HOT!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    is good

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    It's much better than that "Shuck 'N' Jive" parody on You Tube or his other "edgy" publicity stunts

If Faux hates it, 99% of the time it's good and vice versa

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Ehhhhhhhh. I can't listen to Nas anymore, the song posted above isn't terrible but holds no replay value imo. I assume the album will go in some corny ass directions, i will not be copping. I'm waiting On T.I, Scarface Mix Tape and Roc Marciano.

peace,xavier

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

WHAT ABOUT OBI WAN KENOBI IN THE BACKGROUND? DUZ HE GET PROPS FOR TEH STAR WARZ?

If Faux hates it, 99% of the time it's good and vice versa

FAUX'S WORD IS LAW

BAN

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think that loveurs of that rael schitt so desperately want this to be good that they hear what they wanna hear. This song is corny and makes me sad, not only cuz it'd be nice if it was good, but also that I agree with Faux.

I think that loveurs of that rael schitt so desperately want this to be good that they hear what they wanna hear.

Real schitt does not involve corny conceptual collabs with Marley sons. That is strictly the stuff of Starbucks lifestyle marketing.

But, I mean, SoulStrut dudes ride for Drake, so it shouldn't even be surprising.

I'm actually "with you" on this one. The collaboration is corny and the actual song is corny.

if you don't like it I'm sad to say that you just flat out don't get it because it's not for you, or you're of the caucasian persuasion...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahaha oh shit. Hey Non, you should stand up for your "caucasian persuasion..."

Hahaha oh shit. Hey Non, you should stand up for your "caucasian persuasion..."

Haha! I'll get right on that...

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    ma?z

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I like that. Not what I was expecting at all.

Hey Non I want to make sure that you know I'm only messing with you playboy.

I'm good man, no sweat.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    It should have been dope. Unfortunately its not.

• It should have been dope. Unfortunately its not.

Yeah, first verse for the dancefloor, then move on.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It would make me leave any establishment it was being played in.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    It would make me leave any establishment it was being played in.

yeah, i wouldnt wanna be anywhere this was playing either.

• It's not corny, but it's most definitely not GREAT. It's good music that I can listen to for the moment and then forget about it come Fall. But these dream collabs with rappers and Damian Marley is starting to get old. What happened to Ziggy?! Ziggy wants to rip-rap-rippity-doo, too!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Damian Marley? Really?