Bar-Kays at Wattstax

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
NOTHING is fusking with this.........SO DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    totally killer

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    freedom is road seldolm travelled by the multitude

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I'm just sayin'. Could you imagine if you went out to a club this weekend and a band hit the stage playing like that with those outfits on? That would be some real NEXT LEVEL SCHITT!!!!!!!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

was Son of Shaft on any of their LPs anyone?

but that live version there kills it ALL imo!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i would kill to see film of them doing "i can't turn you loose" from Wattstax...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The Bar-Kays were pure fire during their "black rock" period.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Yup.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I know every second of that recording but never saw that video. Next level. Just strange how most of the auditorium keeps on staring motionless.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I love the Wattstax movie!! This past weekend one of the music channels showed Woodstock & Wattstax back to back. How can you go wrong?!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Is it just me or does the lead singer bear a slight resemblence to Andre 3000?

I know every second of that recording but never saw that video. Next level. Just strange how most of the auditorium keeps on staring motionless.

There was like a thousand miles of Astroturf separating the band from the audience, so there was bound to be some disconnect. That would also explain why there's hardly any audible crowd noise on the two Wattstax albums...all these acts are busting their sweet chops, and then when the song ends, you hear maybe four or five handclaps, making it sound like the audience just flat didn't care. That's why it's so significant when the crowd jumps the fence to dance on the Astroturf during Rufus Thomas' set.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    those are some bad dudes

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Just strange how most of the auditorium keeps on staring motionless.

whatever, peep mama at 3:23

• was Son of Shaft on any of their LPs anyone?!

it's on the "do you see what i see" record which is pure "black rock" goodness.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    was Son of Shaft on any of their LPs anyone?!

it's on the "do you see what i see" record which is pure "black rock" goodness.

Its taken from Wattstax - Medley (Son of Shaft/Can You Feel It).

Not a studio version.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    the "do you see what i see" record which is pure "black rock" goodness.

such a good record...

Black Rock, Do You See What I See? and Cold Blooded was a good three-album run.