Album cover Q (Byron Lee related)

BruceGeetzBruceGeetz 97 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
What album is this picture originally featured on?THIS ONE I thought it was a Byron Lee record, but I can't find the cover or album ANYWHERE.And oh yeah, I really want it in my collection, whether OG or reissue. lolI figured yall might know.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I thought it was one of those Jamaican tourism posters or magazine ads. I'm probably wrong, but hey.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I thought it was one of those Jamaican tourism posters or magazine ads. I'm probably wrong, but hey.

I think this is correct, but it was also used on some shitty 80s Soca comps. Don't think it was Byron Lee though it looks like it could be

Someone needs to make a Byron Lee appreciation thread. I think he died in 08 or 09.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I think this is correct, but it was also used on some shitty 80s Soca comps.

Was it one of the "Tighten Up" comps? I've seen the image too and yeah, I also think of Byron Lee but maybe that's just the power of suggestion.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

There is a Byron Lee LP with this image on the cover. I believe the LP is called Disco Reggae, and it is on the Dynamic label.

• There is a Byron Lee LP with this image on the cover. I believe the LP is called Disco Reggae, and it is on the Dynamic label.

yeah thats what I thought. there must be 2 different album covers because I usually find the other one. I didn't know if I was mistaken or not

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

There a couple of versions of this one.

& i think this is the one you're thinking of mannybolone

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    d'oh. I want to say I have had it, but how the hell would I have purged it?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There's a 70's sort of tourism promo/reggae comp LP with this photo, also.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    it looks like a stock photo so it was probably used in every thing from tourism promos to bad german comps with the word reggae on them that actually contain horrible calypso

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ask google and it will provide..

JTB's poster girl still turning heads

HER PICTURE graces the walls of airports, Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) offices worldwide, hotel lobbies, board rooms, travel agencies and museums internationally. The red wet T-shirt clinks to her body, caressing her full bosom and perfect 10 figure.

But for 28 years the girl on the poster has remained a mystery.

She is Trinidadian Sintra Arunte-Bronte who caught the eye of a photographer from Doyle Dane, an American advertising company commissioned by the JTB to do the poster, as she stood outside the hotel, now known as Le Meridien Jamaica Pegasus. Sintra was dressed in a close-fitting orange, brown and gold knit top, with a low scooped neckline. The photographer was scouting for a woman who could portray the beauty of an island woman and she was game.

read more here - http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20010202/show/show1.html

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Shorty puts lead in my pencil.

Even though she gotta be at least 60 yrs old now.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    WOW!! She'd get it!!!