Pen strut (writing related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I have to write a lot at my job. I have about 100 reports a week to write, they are note/daily observation/ hand written things (clinical related). I cant stand cheap ass bic/papermate a dozen to box pens...too thin, make my hand cramp, etc. I found some gel pens that are nice and thick and write smoothly...however, they are a $1.50 a piece and I started with a new out of the box one Monday AM and by Wed at noon I had cashed it...bone dry. I tried another and same thing, 1st wasnt a fluke...now $3 a week doesnt sound like a lot, but for disposable pens, thats ridiculous IMO...$144 a year for pens means one less great 45 in the 'ol collection. There has to be a $3 a month option for some decent disposable pens...whats the strut writing with that lasts a minute?

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I have this pen from a job my wife had at a diamond broker close to 10 yrs ago. It has the company name and info on it. I can't really figure out what kind of pen it is but it is GREAT. Not too thin, not too thick, JUST PERFECT! And me & my wife both use it A LOT and it's been close to 11 yrs now. The ink dries mega fast and doesn't smear. I'ma check the stationary place that my wife ordered these from back then and I'll try to help you out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mortimer Ichabod Marker

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Mortimer Ichabod Marker

yeah, hell yeah.

i'm a fan of uni ball pens. pilot's dr. grips fit nice, but not sure how long they last. there's a few line of japanese ink pens that kill it, but i'd have
    to get back to you on those.

• snosno 332 Posts
    I have this paper+pen combination at work and it feels good:

Lamy Safari Fountain pen:

Rhodia Meeting Book: