TV Strut

2»

Comments

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    My old "what TV should I cop" thread got deleted during the last meltdown.

Quick question:

For something like a 42"...what does "normal" TV look like on a HD set? We dumped our cable (including HD channels) a while back and we've been perfectly happy with the savings. I have been planning to upgrade our TV however* but was concerned that non-HD would look like crap. True or false?

*Based on price and space, I've decided to go with a 42" LCD, 1080/120. Probably a Sony though I have to say, there's a LED-backlit Vizio 1080/240 that's looking kind of sweet and gets good reviews.

Standard def TV doesn't look bad on the big screen, but the difference in clarity between the HD channels and the non HD is pretty staggering. I find myself avoiding channels that aren't HD just because the HD pic is so beautiful. Sports in HD is seriously facemelting, I would never go back.

this.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    2 people
    1 HDTV
    3 Macs (need more)

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    We're not mad at TV in this house. I get plenty done during the day. I like to watch TV too. For me DVR is essential. That way I watch what I want to watch. No crap, no commercials. Netflix on Wii is epic.

Anyone watch "This American Life" tv show? Been digging it this week on Netflix/Wii.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    2 People + 1 tv + 1 dell zino hd = 0 cable

it's nice having one device to do everything and streams, no more dvd player, cable box, vcr, fuck all that clutter