TV Strut

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
How many tv's do you have in you house. We have three people that live in our house and have one tv. I'll work in some people's house where there are only two people living there but there are 6 tv's. Read a book or check out soul strut...

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    How many tv's do you have in you house. We have three people that live in our house and have one tv. I'll work in some people's house where there are only two people living there but there are 6 tv's. Read a book or check out soul strut...

Why do you assume that people with several TVs don't also read books or waste time on their computers?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    2 people
    1 tv
    0 cable
    rabbit ears

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    One TV in my living room. I mostly watch DVDs of movies and old TV shows. I watch some new TV shows, but not much.

• How many tv's do you have in you house. We have three people that live in our house and have one tv. I'll work in some people's house where there are only two people living there but there are 6 tv's. Read a book or check out soul strut...

Why do you assume that people with several TVs don't also read books or waste time on their computers?

I'm sure they do, i just can't see the point of having that many tv's unless their running a bed & breakfast spot

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    One TV in my living room. I mostly watch DVDs of movies and old TV shows. I watch some new TV shows, but not much.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It's like a piece of furniture in some homes, a room needs a TV like it needs seating.
    It was a strange concept to me growing up - still is now - for kids to have a TV in their room. I know computers can do basically the same thing, but TVs serve just the one purpose.
    A stereo, sure, but my parents would sooner let me have a Clydesdale in there before a Panasonic.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    2 people
    1 tv
    0 cable
    rabbit ears

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    2 people, 2 tvs
    , although one of them is probably on for an hour a month. Now that the wii has netflix, we have been watchin' a bit more...documentaries at a touch of a button is too cool.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I have one TV, which is mainly used for watching DVDs or VHS tapes, which consumes half of my free time, honestly. I'm not up on the hot vampire shows these days or whatever, but I find it funny that the ones who talk crap about "couch potatoes" and "kids' mindless entertainment" are the same ones who watch three movies a day (~5 hours) or something else which doesn't require interactive thought. I remember 15 years ago when video games were considered "slackers" domain. Now, video games are more mainstream than they have ever been before. "Kill your TV"...shut up, idiots.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    3 ppl
    6 TVs
    5 computers

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    watching ... VHS tapes.

VHS tapes are the new Reel-to-reel. I'm sure a lot of quality archives will be lost to the atrophy of those who won't bother including a VCR in their home theater setup. Somewhere in my garage, at the bottom of a shopping bag full of VHS tapes I have some classic shit I'm afraid I'll never take the time to find and transfer to the next format.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I still have hundreds of VHS tapes. Most in storage at my moms house. I've got 3 S-VHS decks (two NTSC, one PAL) in my living room hooked up now!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    3 people
    2 dogs
    1 TV
    0 cable or TV for that matter
    And the real kicker, 0 INNERNETS

Lots of playing with the dogs and now that it's nice out plenty of bike riding and skating again. Currently catching up on Dexter and watching Treme via downloads at the school library.

• Blu-Ray / DVD Player

JVC VHS Deck

Pioneer Laserdisc

Sony Betamax

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    3 people
    1 tv
    + cable
    1 Tivo[/b]

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1 person
    1 TV
    1 TiVo

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I'm sure they do, i just can't see the point of having that many tv's

if two people want to watch two different shows at the same time...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    2 Adults
    3 TVs (downstairs, bedroom, #1 son's room)
    No cable

Most of what we watch is downloaded. I haven't watched TV (other than a couple of football games) for months.

I get my news from the internet/Soulstrut, ensuring I do not waste my valuable time on other trivial matters.

LOL.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    no tv whatsoever

no tv whatsoever

Freal. I mean, the CTI catalogue is not going to listen to itself, eh?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    2 Adults.
    2 Tvs.
    1 cable/satellite
    1 xbox 360
    1 ps3

I'll often be reading while playing music and with the TV on in the background.

People acting like they've never multi-tasked in their lives.

In my yard that counts as "Doing Nowt" = 1 task.

Touche.

I prefer "Cultural development" though.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Touche.

What, the Jeremy Kyle show?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    2 adults
    2 kids
    2 tv's
    4 pairs of rabbit ears

Touche.

What, the Jeremy Kyle show?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My old "what TV should I cop" thread got deleted during the last meltdown.

Quick question:

For something like a 42"...what does "normal" TV look like on a HD set? We dumped our cable (including HD channels) a while back and we've been perfectly happy with the savings. I have been planning to upgrade our TV however* but was concerned that non-HD would look like crap. True or false?

*Based on price and space, I've decided to go with a 42" LCD, 1080/120. Probably a Sony though I have to say, there's a LED-backlit Vizio 1080/240 that's looking kind of sweet and gets good reviews.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Just make sure you get FIOS. Went from Cable to Fios and would never go back, the HD quality is BONKERS. Internet upload speed upgrade is clutch too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just make sure you get FIOS. Went from Cable to Fios and would never go back, the HD quality is BONKERS. Internet upload speed upgrade is clutch too.

FIOS upload is no joke. But last I checked, FIOS wasn't avail in our part of town

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My old "what TV should I cop" thread got deleted during the last meltdown.

Quick question:

For something like a 42"...what does "normal" TV look like on a HD set? We dumped our cable (including HD channels) a while back and we've been perfectly happy with the savings. I have been planning to upgrade our TV however* but was concerned that non-HD would look like crap. True or false?

*Based on price and space, I've decided to go with a 42" LCD, 1080/120. Probably a Sony though I have to say, there's a LED-backlit Vizio 1080/240 that's looking kind of sweet and gets good reviews.

Standard def TV doesn't look bad on the big screen, but the difference in clarity between the HD channels and the non HD is pretty staggering. I find myself avoiding channels that aren't HD just because the HD pic is so beautiful. Sports in HD is seriously facemelting, I would never go back.